Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I hazily open my eyes and scan them around my surroundings. It's dark and there's a cool breeze brushing against me. I feel like I'm floating but I'm not sure how. Where am I? I move my body.

"Sleep, love," I hear Dali's voice.

I tilt my head up to locate his face, but instead my eyes land on his chiselled chin.

"Dali?" I call him in a whisper while clearing my raw throat.

My body literally feels like it's been run over by a ten-ton truck. Let's not even speak about my poor vagina... It feels like it's been grounded with a grater.

"Sleep, love. We're going home," he says, placing his lips on my forehead.

I nod and rest my body against his frame before snuggling closer to his body, drenched with his intoxicating scent. He's so warm and cosy and whatever he's wearing is soft; like what I presume cashmere would feel like. The sounds of his car unlocking flirts with my ears. He opens the door and gently lowers me on the seat. I stiffen my body as I brace myself for the cold leather to come in contact with my skin, but it doesn't. Instead, plushness and warmth brush against me.

"I put on the seat warmers for you," he says, I'm sure with a smile on his face.

I'm not even going to comment on that, because only people with money have such extras in their cars.

"Thank you," I once again say in a faint voice, with my eyelids lazily fighting to stay open.

He mumbles something that I can't quite make out before he covers me with something warm.

"I'm going to lower your seat, okay?" He says and I mumble, chewing on my words.

I hear him chuckle from a distance before I feel his ever-so-enticing lips brush against mine.

I don't know how long I've been out for, or where I... I mean we are, but I can feel that we are still on the move which means we have not reached Bloemfontein yet. The car is nice and warm and my, yes, my since he now knows my slick walls, doctor has his eyes glued on the road, while bopping his head every now and then to the song playing. I didn't peg him for the type that listens to the likes of Anita Baker. He's listening to Body and Soul. I stare at this man in awe. I wonder what else is there to discover under his many facets.

"Are you going to gawk at me the entire time, Miss Giyose?" He asks, turning his eyes briefly to me.

A shy smile spreads across my lips. I pull the fleece over my face to hide my embarrassment not that he can see it in the dark but the cars we keep passing do shed some light inside the car.

"How did you know I'm awake?" I ask in a croaky voice which is forcing me to clear my throat.

He chuckles and slides his hand under the fleece in search of something.

"Because of the change in your breathing... and I could feel your eyes staring at me."

I smile sheepishly while shaking my head in disbelief. How could he hear my breathing over the sound of the music? Not that it's playing loud but still...

"The lies you tell, Dr Jaxa."

My response has him chuckling, showing a bit of his pearly whites that always melt away at me.

"I'm not," he refutes, patting away underneath the fleece until his hand comes in contact with my wrist.

Just like the first time we met, my entire wrist comes ablaze as our skins come in contact. You'd think this electrifying feeling would subside now that we've seen each other naked but it's not.