Chapter 15

Chapter 15

He slides in the driver's seat and opens Google Maps and starts navigating us out of Aya's house. On the way we make meaningless conversation, to avoid focusing on the elephant in the room, which is me not wearing any underwear. I watch him as he drives, his focus solely on the road ahead while gripping the steering wheel with so much grace. This man looks edible in everything he does. After a short while we finally reach the Waterfall Equestrian Estate gate. Wow. How can such places be real? So, Top Billing wasn't made in Cape Town; Joburg does have such places as well.

"What do these people do? I ask in a whisper as I gaze at the houses we're passing in awe.

"What do you mean?" He asks, taking a glance at me.

"Look around you... there's no way a 9-5 can afford one such a lifestyle." He chuckles.

"The lady of the house is a lawyer, while the man of the house owns a workshop."

"Wow," I say, still awestruck.

I doubt my little psychology degree would be able to afford me such a lifestyle. Maybe I should reconsider my choice of career.

He drives into a beautiful double-storey driveway that has a massive water feature at the centre. I feel like I'm in one of the Young, Famous and African trailers.

"We're here," he says, killing the engine before staring back at me.

He hops off the driver's side and glides towards mine, opening the door. He extends his hand for me to take, and I gladly accept it.

"Thank you," I mutter, as he helps me jump off this humongous beast of his.

He nods and closes the door behind me. He opens the back passenger door and grabs something. It's a gift wrapped in beautiful marble wrapping. I stare at him with surprise.

"What?" He asks with a smile/smirk on his face. Oh, he's pleased with himself.

"Nothing," I say, returning the, what I'll interpret as a smile.

"I was raised right, you know" he says before taking my hand into his, leading us to the door.

I chuckle as I follow his lead. The door slides open just as we reach it showing a familiar face appears.

"You made it," Aya shrieks, rushing towards us before crushing herself against me.

I stumble back and almost fall but Dali is quick to secure me and prevent me from falling over.

"Ayanda, man!" He scolds her but little missy here doesn't seem even slightly bothered.

She wraps her arms around me like a python and squeezes me.

"I thought you'd disappoint me. I'm so happy you made it."

I giggle against her shoulder and wrap my free hand around her waist.

"Yaya, are you going to hog my guests or are you going to let them come in?" The beautiful bald-headed lady standing by the door says.

Is this woman real? I doubt I've ever seen, beside Jada Pinkett Smith, a woman who rocks a bald head with so much confidence and sex appeal. Aya giggles and loosens her arm around my neck.

"Sorry, friend. Come guys," she says, I guess not entirely letting go of me because she hooks her right arm on my free one and starts walking to where the bald lady is.

I don't know how I'm supposed to walk with them both latching on me considering how I need to keep this dress in check at all times since I'm bare underneath it.