Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I have been ducking and diving Dr Heyns all day because of my shame. I have this stupid idea in my mind that she's going to ask me why I'd let this adult rip me apart but if we're being honest, I asked for it and I won't lie; bekumandi. I'm laying on top of this man's frame; this is where I've been sleeping and it's honestly become my new favourite spot.

"You're quiet. Are you okay?" He asks softly, while caressing my lower back.

This man's touch is so soothing and comforting. I might just even fall asleep.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

We just took a bath and are now lazing around on top of the bed waiting for Dr Heyns to discharge me..

"My new favourite couple," Dr Heyns says chirpily as she steps inside the ward.

She's been throwing snide remarks each time she comes to check up on me hence why I've been avoiding her.

"Hi, Dr Heyns," I whisper shyly before tilting my head to the direction of her voice.

"Dr Heyns," Dali greets his fellow colleague, his hand resting on my back.

She giggles and shakes her head when she sees that we're not moving from this position.

"Can't get enough of each other, huh?" She says, grabbing my chart on top of the overbed with a smile on her face.

A chuckle erupts from Dali's chest sending tingling sensations to my toes.

"Charmaine, just discharge us," he says, peeking over my shoulder to look at her before he plants a kiss on it.

Dr Heyns laughs, even throwing her head back at her colleague's directness.

"I'll only discharge you if you tell me what you need to do in order to avoid coming back here again?"

Dali and I raise our heads to check if she's really being serious and from the look on her face... she is.

"I'm waiting," she says comically while folding her arms across her chest.

She starts tapping her foot at us and I can't help but shake my head in disbelief.

"Change my dressings and keep the stitches dry," I start off, turning to look at Dali to go next.

He looks stupefied so I nudge him to speak.

"Avoid strenuous activities," he adds.

"And?" She asks, dragging the word.

Dali and I both stare at each other. We know what we need to say but both of us don't want to say it. Yes, we are horny fucks!

"I have other patient's to see guys, so please," she says, snapping her fingers at us to make it quick.

"Uhm no intimacy," Dali starts, clearing his throat.

"Intimacy? Is that the word I used?" She asks, creasing her brow at him.

"I think he means... sex," I say with hesitation and a hint of embarrassment in my voice.

"At least someone was listening when I spoke, and?" She eggs on. Yho, this woman. I mean, what is this?

"We must abstain for six weeks," we both sing in distraught.

"Good, now I hope you'll both stick to what you've been told," she says, eyeing both of us.

The amount of umthunzi that she keeps throwing our way is out of this world, but we endure it.

"Uhm, Dr Heyns," I ask in a whisper, now trying to remove myself from this man's hold but he is resolute.