Chapter 11

Chapter 11

My head is pounding and I have this bitter taste in my mouth. I groan, fighting with my eyelids. I slowly peel them open, and they land on unfamiliar surroundings. Where am I? The last I recall was being hauled into Dali's car; the rest is fuzzy or let me say, it's blank. Good Lord. I scan my eyes through my surroundings. Everything is unfamiliar and I panic. Please don't tell me I had... I run my hand all over my body for any soreness down there and there's nothing. Whew, what a relief. Hang on... Whose oversized t-shirt am I dressed in? What happened to my jeans and top? My tears relentlessly trickle down my face. I wallow in the pit of my reckless behaviour. I have never been this reckless and I'm scared to face the outcome of my recklessness. With tears in my eyes, I take in my surroundings, to get somewhat of an idea of where I am. The room I'm in does not scream danger but then again, how would I know what danger looks like since I've never been in this situation before? I slowly drag my body up the bed so I can sit up straight. I need to make sense of what happened last night, or was it early this morning? I can remember. Snippets of what transpired last night flood to my brain like a tidal wave and with each memory, I want to curl up and die. How could I embarrass myself like that? Pee, really? I hope he was as drunk as I was, otherwise, I'll never be able to face him again... Not that we bump into each other often but nonetheless, you get my gist. I'm still in my head when the bedroom door creaks open. My head snaps towards the direction of it, and I find a familiar face staring at me.

"Ndoni," he greets in a groggy voice.

The sigh of relief that escapes from my lips is audible enough for the both of us to hear.

"Hi," I greet faintly, shying away from his ever so intense and tortuous eyes that always pin me to the spot.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee fills my nostrils and I look at him again. He's holding a cup of something hot in his left hand while his other is tucked in the pocket of his pyjama pants.

"Coffee?" He asks, raising the cup towards me.

It's a sweet gesture, I'll admit but I'm not a coffee drinker. I can never stomach anything besides stoney and hot wings from Chicken Licken after a hectic night out.

"No, I'm good, thank you." He tilts his head to the side and knits his brows together.

I muster up the courage and stare at him for a bit longer than I normally do. He's dressed in long striped navy blue and white pyjama cotton pants and has a white vest on. He's walking barefoot and I have to admit, he has beautiful toes for a man, or it could just be me being biassed since I find everything about this man perfect. Shoot me.

"Khanya," he says, jarring me back into the present moment.

I flush as I realise, he's caught me checking him out. He takes predatory strides towards me.

"Why're you gawking at me, Miss Giyose?" He asks, smirking at me.

I focus my eyes on anything but him. His scent fills my lungs with every soft thud I hear. Soon the soft thuds fade, and I feel the side of my bed dip softly.

"Look at me," he commands in a gentle tone.

I slowly turn my head to adhere to his command and find his eyes already glued on mine.

"You're so..." he whispers, not finishing his sentence while raking his eyes all over my face.

His eyes darken in colour although they still exude unwarranted softness. I watch his Adam's apple bop up and down as he swallows wholly. I'm suddenly hot, like my blood is being boiled. I gulp.

"Where am I?"

"My house," he responds nonchalantly. I nod.

"Have you seen my phone?" I ask, diverting the direction in which his thought could lead us.