20. Frustration

"... dad!.. DAD!.."
Keegan rushed out to see Keane and Jaxon, frantically coming into the house.
"Is Leyton here?.."

"Yeah, he's here... he's gonna be staying back here for a while..." he paused "do either of you know what happened last night... with KJ and Leyton..."

"So KJ and Leyton did bump into each other..." Keane said. "If he's hurt him I'm gonna fucking kill him.."

"Was he with you?.." Keegan said, his jaw clenched.

"He was

"He was... but we were at the trap talking business bagging up and I told him to go home cos I know he's got his finals soon....

"And you thought it was okay to let him walk back on his own....

"He's not a kid...

"DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT FAMILY YOU FUCKING COME FROM!... people lie in wait, to seize an opportunity... I expect the tougher men in this family.. to absolutely look out for the ones who are not so tough... he is yo blood.."

"I didn't think okay... Keegan drove him out last night ...and I didn't want him to get into it with him.... Keegan will never like him and all I ever do is look out for Leyton especially around Keegan.. Leyton insists on being around us.. being with me... I know he's not made like me...I was hoping that some of what I do would rub off on him...

Leyton came down the stairs and just looked at them all. "Im the topic of conversation I see... where's mom?.."

"She's out with Charlotte, why?." Keegan asked.

"I want to see her that's why...." He said with a straight face. "In fact I need to see her.."

————

"... bro...
Arlen looked at Josh and Josh nodded towards the door. He looked in the direction of the door and he saw Dakota standing there.

Arlen left Josh's house and walked out on to the drive. "Hey." He said to her.

She looked at him. "Lamar told me you were here... and I... well, after our last conversation... I just didn't want to leave it bad between us... because believe it or not Arlen... I love you... and you're right.. that wasn't you... that is why it is so hard for me to think of you that way, and it's also so hard for me to walk away because that's the first time and only time you have ever been like that with me... but it doesn't mean to say that I'm not worried that you won't kick off again at the slightest thing...

 but it doesn't mean to say that I'm not worried that you won't kick off again at the slightest thing