55. Deeper feelings

"..... what the hell Lena!.." Charisma said going out after her, her cheek smarting from the slap.

Lena got in her car. "Fuck off Charisma... I thought you had my back."

"of course I have your back... It was Keegan that wanted this, he wanted to celebrate our family after what happened, he wanted to bring us all closer together, because he is not dealing with what happened to Jensen very well... he thinks he is, but I know him too well, and I know that he's not.." she said upset.

"Just forget about me... I don't need you.."

Keegan heard the commotion and came through. "C...."

Lena pulled out and took off. Charisma turned to Keegan. "She slapped me... i'm inconsiderate for having this party... I told you, it was too early but you wouldn't listen to me either..." she went to walk past him and he grabbed her wrist tight.

"I am entitled to do what the fuck I want to do... If I want to celebrate my family in my own way, and grieve my father in my own way, then I will do that, and nobody, including yo fucking sister is gonna tell me any different!." He snapped.

Charisma was shocked, he had been so placid and quiet about the whole thing, but she could see now that under the surface, it had been simmering and boiling away ready to erupt inside of him

"Let go of my arm Keegan...
She saw his eyes well up. She held his face in her hands.
"You can grieve however you want to...

"I just wanted to know that he loved me.... I never got closure on how he really felt about me... he beat me, he talked smack about me all the time... he told me to my face I wasn't good enough... and then he built me up like I was amazing... I was on a rollercoaster ride of emotions with that man from the day I met him." He said.

Charisma pulled him to her and he buried his head into her and cried. She knew he needed to do this. Yes, they all conspired together to kill him, this was more on Nash and Marlon and Lena, to clear up their family issues and money issues. He went along for the ride, not really wanting to be involved in it. He felt guilty, for feeling guilty. He didn't know how he was supposed to feel. He also didn't want to be the one to tell people that he actually missed his father, and although they had had their ups and downs, he was still his father, and he did look up to him.

"Take your time to make peace with yourself and with him...

"How the fuck do I do that?."

"When you're on your own talk to him, I know you don't believe in all that bullshit... But I have premonitions and so does the rest of my family, so there's got to be something in the mystical, magical somehow... just open up to him when you're on your own, when no one else knows what you're saying and how you're feeling... But just know that I will always be here for you Keegan, we all will.."

—————

".... Take a break." Tonya said to Nash as she peered her head around the door. " You have been non-stop at that since you got back yesterday."