51. Grab and go

"Are you ready for home?." Keegan asked as he put the car in gear and took off from the hospital.

"Yeah." She said still worried about him. Charisma was finally allowed home. Keegan wanted to take his mind off of everything and do something special for her.

"While you were sleeping last night, I called the kids... all the kids are going to be at ours tonight. I want to have a party and make it a combination of yo welcome home, Lamar's birthday and the whole family getting to meet Mia and Isaiah... a celebration of our family and us..." he said to her.

" he said to her

"Keegan... are you sure about this so soon after what's happened?...

"I need to do something to forget... I want to forget that I watched him die.. and the only people I can do that with is my family.. and my family is you and the kids..." he shook his head. "You know, he said to me that I'm exactly like him and he will live on in me... I'm nothing like him C.. I love my kids.. I love you...

She put her hand on his thigh. "You know you have some of his traits... but you are amazing with the kids and no one is going to take that away from you... and I will more than be happy to have a party and get together with the kids and our family... But I just need to know that you are okay to do this... your father was just killed.." she said.

"It's what I want." He added as they drove on.

————-

"... hey Venice... I umm.. I need to get an outfit for the party tonight and I wondered if you wanted to come with me.."

"I'm sorry Chantal... I've got the kids here today and umm... I'm probably not going to get away.. have fun though, happy shopping.." she said.

The call ended and Chantal tried Lani but her phone went to voicemail

The call ended and Chantal tried Lani but her phone went to voicemail. She then called Kat. "Hey Chantal, what can I do for you?." Kat said picking up.

" I wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping with me, I wanted to get an outfit for the party... I just wondered if you wanted to come with me?"

"Ah, I can't right now... sorry, me and Josh are actually already out... sorry... I'll see you at the party later though." She said and the call ended.

She walked back behind the counter. Her friend looked at her. "You look unhappy?."