Chapter 2 : Sissy's wedding day

Chanda meri chanda tujhe kaise main yeh samjhau,

Mujhe lagtai h tu kitni pyaari re..

Ho khusiyan jitni h sab dhundh dhundh k laau,

Teri doli ke sang kar du saari re..

It was Friday today.

Finally! My dear sister was marrying the man of her dreams.

The venue was beautifully decorated, the caterers did an excellent job, and friends and family enjoyed a lovely ceremony full of love and happiness. Siya looked breathtaking in her deep crimson gown, generating a radiance that overpowered everyone else in the room. She kept worrying and running around the house all day looking for her belongings, taking care of the guests, and making sure everything was perfect.

(Siya's look)

I can't believe she won't be present when I wake up tomorrow

I was lingering my look on her, reliving our old days, when she caught my glance. Siya was now beaming slyly. I really understand her now. She stood at her reception for nearly two hours, welcoming guests and taking photographs. Whereas I sat in the front row of the lawns, watching her and the chaos all around me. Her energy seemed boundless as she greeted every person with the same excitement. Raj looked attractive next to her. When he looked at my sister, his smile grew slightly. I couldn't help feeling a twinge of jealousy. Everyone saw their chemistry. It was evident. I let out sorrowful tears, knowing that I would never have something like that in my life.

Love before marriage.

True Love.

My demons began twisting my thoughts, accusing me of ruining my own fate.

You may have turned down Om instead of accepting him as a partner. Life would have been much easier then.

But then Siya and Raj would not have been together, and I would not give up their happiness for anything.