Chapter 22: Whale of a time

PS: Listen to the added song (I'll always remember us this way by Lady Gaga) in the 2nd half of the chapter.

Big Chapter Alert!!!

"Sundried tomatoes are the best experiment ever

"Sundried tomatoes are the best experiment ever." I said this while taking a big bite of my pasta. It was far too early, but I was craving spaghetti, so we had pasta for brunch. Every bite of the spaghetti was incredibly delicious because of the blast of rich flavor from the sundried tomatoes.

My appetite was completely forgotten after what happened yesterday.

But hunger had gotten up with me today, and I couldn't resist the tempting appeal of a plate of spaghetti. The rich taste of the sundried tomatoes refreshed my senses and made me forget about my previous day's embarrassment as I savored each mouthful.

When I looked up from my dish, Manhar was smiling at me, his plate already empty.

"I guess skipping dinner wasn't such a bad idea after all," he relaxed back in his chair, happy. "This spaghetti is out of this world!" In the middle of the lingering memories of yesterday's events, I grinned and nodded in agreement, happy for the unexpected pleasure of good food and company.

"It's Lit!" I continued to devour my dish.

"I'm glad you're enjoying this, we have a long day ahead, finish up and get ready." He said as he took a sip of wine.

"Where are we going?" I inquired while wiping my face with the cloth.

"You'll see." He said standing up before going into his room. While I was getting ready I couldn't forget yesterday's event.

Flashback to last night

Meera

"Hey." I said touching his shoulder with a smile on my face.

All set, Meera. It's time to confess your feelings.

He turned around, and at that moment, I found myself breathless. His genuine and captivating smile reached his eyes, highlighting his features like never before. He was more handsome than the gods of Olympus themselves.

With a sculpted body and a manly voice that added to his charm, the best part was that he loved me.

He was mine.

"I love you." I blurted out, my heart pounding with nervousness and anticipation.

"What?" He turned completely, shock evident in his expression.

"What?"

"What did you just say?" His steps brought him closer to me, his eyes searching mine.

"I, uh, I said thank you," I stumbled over my words, panic rising within me.

"Thank you for coming here and picking me up." But deep down, I knew I was supposed to reveal my true feelings to him. I quickly changed the subject, trying to hide my embarrassment. But deep down, I knew I had almost revealed my true feelings for him.