Chapter 24: As quick as a flash

Dekha nahi tune abhi jaadu huwa kya

Dono jaha jaha jaha gaye theher

Tere badan ki rosani meri badan mey

Abhi abhi abhi abhi gai utar

Even when everything in your life seems to be in place, you may occasionally feel empty all the time

Even when everything in your life seems to be in place, you may occasionally feel empty all the time. Your face will be shaped by the fake smile that sticks to it. When you claim to be happy, you are lying all the time.

That was the life I was living.

The irony is that, until I met Manhar, I was unaware of it.

He greatly impacted my deserted world and helped me overcome the emptiness I had been experiencing.

What exactly did he do?

He just loved me, nothing more.

In a culture where relationships are sometimes temporary and weak, there are a few situations where two strangers instantly strike up a conversation with one another as if they have known each other their entire lives. It explores the amazing connections that happen when two randomly brought together individuals quickly peel back layers of familiarity, creating a bond that crosses place and time and goes beyond normal social limits. These interactions typically create a lasting impression on both because they both sense true acceptance and understanding in a world that can sometimes feel distant. Lonely.

That was the kind of connection I currently had with Sandy. Even though he only arrived a few days ago, the way we clicked was hard to express. I'm not sure if it was the situation or the circumstances themselves, but I found Love and Friendship all under one roof in Manhattan.

"Why don't we go see a movie?" Sandy whined again, and Manhar didn't even look at him while studying a map of who knows where.

"I have work." Manhar was on his phone, typing something.

"Fudgel". Manhar stood up upon hearing this, Sandy swiftly jumped from his seat, ready to run. This entire incident was so amusing that I burst out laughing. Sandy came next, and Manhar huffed a few breaths before joining me and Sandy on the three-seater sofa, chuckling slightly. When I looked up at him, he was dressed in a coffee-colored Polo t-shirt that matched his hazel-brown eyes.

When he grinned, his face changed totally. His eyes were as dazzling as stars. Sandy cleared his throat as we were immersed in one other's sight.

I instantly broke eye contact with Manhar and returned my focus to Sandy, who was attempting to refocus our attention. He had a sly smirk on his face, evidently enjoying the little distraction he had created.

"Alright lovebirds, back to the topic." Sandy directed our attention back to him.

I never stopped him or corrected him on our relationship. He named me 'Vadina' when we first met; later that day, I looked it up on Google and discovered that it meant 'Sister-in-law'.