Chapter 13: The eerie feeling of Deja-Vu

Follow me on insta the_old_shelf for more updates

Allah mujhe dard ke kaabil bana diya,

Toofan ko hi kashti ka saahil bana diya,

Bechainiyaan samet ke saare jahan ki,

Jab kuch na bana saka toh mera dil bana diya...

Life is filled with unexpected events that completely transform you

Life is filled with unexpected events that completely transform you. It alters your thoughts, emotions, responses, and even your ability to reason. You never recall things that are ordinary or part of your everyday routine, but you always remember unexpected events, interactions, and moments. They live on forever in your memories.

These unforeseen circumstances have the capacity to alter your character and change your outlook on life. They act as a constant reminder of the beauty and madness that underlie every moment, encouraging you to embrace the unknowns and treasure the experiences that makes your life truly extraordinary.

Manhar and that drowning boy are a part of those uncalled unknown underlining moments I encountered in my life. They are perfect examples of these unforeseen circumstances that have left a lasting impact on me.

Their presence in my life has not only shaped my character but also reinforced the importance of compassion. These encounters serve as a constant reminder to always be prepared for the unexpected and to never underestimate the power of a single moment to change everything.

I closed the book that had been resting in my hand for more than two hours. As the sun fell, I was reminded that it was time to return from the flashback and enter this lovely home known as Prison.

I stood up and was about to unlock my door when someone opened it banging it on my forehead. Startled, I stumbled back, clutching my forehead in pain. A tall figure loomed in the doorway, their eyes filled with a mix of apology and concern.

"The fuck.." I muttered under my breath.

"Are you okay? Why were you leaning on the door when I had previously warned you not to look around?" Manhar's voice was hoarse as he spoke. He didn't give me a chance to respond before he swiftly began accessing the bump on my head. He took my left hand away and continued blowing air out of his mouth like I was a child hoping that it would make the pain go away.

I winced in pain when he tried touching my head looking into my eyes. There were a thousand words which was evident in his eyes. I could see the worry and concern etched on his face, as if he blamed himself for my injury. It was clear that he cared deeply about my well-being and was desperate to make things right.

Then why is he acting so strangely and rudely, why can't he just be himself?

Why can't he become the person I saw in the library?