Chapter 25: Black Truths

Tum jo milo ho jabse mujhe

Aur sunheri main lagati hu

Sirf labon se nahi ab toh

Pure badan se hasti hu

Come to think of it, life is unpredictable

Come to think of it, life is unpredictable. It's incredible how the human mind works.

Every day, we encounter new experiences and challenges that shape our thoughts and actions. Our minds have the remarkable ability to adapt, learn, and create, making each individual's journey through life truly unique. No matter how much we plan or try to control our circumstances, there will always be unexpected twists and turns that challenge our expectations. It is this unpredictability that adds excitement, growth, and valuable life lessons to our journey.

That's exactly what was happening to me.

So much has happened in recent days. I discovered I was in love, I met a stranger and instantly made a friend out of him, and most importantly;

I WAS HAPPY.

I AM HAPPY.

Which I never thought I'd be after everything that happened to me.

Life has a way of surprising us with moments of joy and happiness, even when we least expect it.

These unexpected moments remind us that life is full of possibilities and that even amid difficult times, there is always a chance for happiness to find its way back to us. No matter how dark or challenging our past may be, it is important to remember that happiness can still be a part of our future.

I knew I was doomed when I realized I was in love with a person who is a part of dark world, who has his insecurities, and may not know the right way when it comes to love. He kidnapped me because he suspected I would select someone else. When he saw I was ignoring him, he threatened me and locked me up. He tried everything to gain my attention and make me fall for him. To convince ME that he was the same 'drowning boy' I had encountered years before. But every time, I failed to recognize him. I didn't understand why I was there in the first place since I was too busy hating him and trying to get away.

But I still had feelings for him.

He didn't know the right way to show his love but he had no ill intentions. That's what matters.

Despite my hatred and desire to escape, there was a lingering connection that I couldn't ignore. Deep down, I knew that the love I once felt for him hadn't completely vanished.

"Whatcha thinking?" Sandy stated as he sat in the chair next to me. I took a whole minute to consider my options as I stared at Sandy before deciding whether to continue the conversation or not.

"I'm leaving tonight." He said before I could respond to his question.

"Why? I mean, why so soon?" I admitted to him already feeling depressed due to his departure.