Chapter 7: Call me Bond, James Bond..

Dil pe guzri hai kya kya

Hum kya kahein,

Paayein hai gham

khushiyon ki chaah mein..

Big chapter alert!

FLASHBACK

"Are we there yet, Dad?" With each passing minute, I grew more impatient.

"Yes, sweetie, only 5 minutes." I cannot wait to visit the beach.

"You've been saying it for half an hour..." How much longer before I get my popsicle..." My dad laughed as I grumbled. Siya and Sujoy, as well as mum, accompanied him. I sighed angrily, crossing my hands over my chest, and looked out the window, while I watched their reaction.

"We've arrived." Dad stated after 5 minutes, and we all gazed out at the breath-taking scenery. In about an hour, the sun will be setting. The beach was nearly deserted, with only a few individuals scattered about.

"This section of the beach is always deserted, so you'll have plenty of room to build your sandcastle here." Dad said it as if he could read my mind. I smiled cheerfully and dashed for the water, followed by others.

We spent nearly an hour eating popsicles and building sandcastles. Sujoy was lying on the beach chairs with mom and dad. Siya was occupied eating her popsicle, so I went for a swim. I know Dad said we shouldn't go swimming without adult supervision, but I'm an adult even though I'm six years old. I double-checked to be sure no one was looking my way before sprinting in the opposite direction.

When I was certain that I was far enough away, I went inside, where the water only reached my ankles. I proceeded until the water reached my knees while happily enjoying the sunset. Just a few more minutes and I'll be back, and no one will notice my absence.

I was looking straight ahead when I noticed a specific head, possibly a drowning person. I looked for someone to help, but the beach was deserted. As the sky darkened, I did the first thing that came to mind: I sprinted towards that person, hoping to save him.

I was relieved that I had known how to swim since I was four years old, so I attempted to reach out to that individual to assist him while my feet remained on the ground. The closer I approached, the more difficult it became with the large waves, and I could see that it was no longer a human but a boy who was drowning. I gripped his shoulder, and, by some miracle, I was able to drag him back to the beach. Fortunately, he did not get so deep, and I had a chance when a large wave forced us back to shore. Thanks to my teacher for teaching us how to swim with waves.

"Hey, are you still alive?'' Shaking him, he immediately sat up and looked at me. Despite the darkness, I could see his crimson swollen eyes with brown orbs. 'How come you saved me while I went there to die?' He remarked fiercely as he looked at me. He appeared to be a year or two older than me.