Chapter 16: That drowning boy

Please vote on the chapters if you are reading this..

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Reddy is here." Bob one of my men said.

As I walked in everyone stood up from their seat. I unlocked my coat hook all set to dive into my Maan Reddy the Gangster mode. I walked in and occupied one of the seats and everyone sat down after me. I gestured to Bob to start the discussion. Bob cleared his throat and began speaking.

"Mr. Reddy, we have some important matters to discuss regarding the upcoming operation."

"You all can start the discussion." Bob said. The room fell silent as everyone turned their attention to Bob, awaiting his instructions. With a nod from me, the meeting officially began.

"Not just yet." We all focused to the voice, and it was Shakti. He walked in with two of his bodyguards following him closely behind.

How is he here? It is freaking 4 in the morning.

"Father, didn't get your RSVP." I said bowing to touch his feet, but he stopped me mid-way and hugged me.

"That's because I wanted to surprise you, my son." Shakti's unexpected presence in the Gangster mode meeting raised tension among the group. Despite the early hour, his arrival signalled a significant shift in the dynamics of the discussion. The members glanced at each other unsure of his arrival.

"Well, I am." I said keeping my expression monotone.

"I bet you are. Well, I have an important announcement to make since we have all of you gathered here. You all are invited tomorrow evening at our venue here after our operations for Coronation of my Son Maan Reddy." He said and the entire room filled with chatter and cheers. While everyone was celebrating and discussing I was in a state of shock. It was too much to take in at this hour and all this surprising turn of events left me in thinking and turned my head to look at Shakti.

He loved his throne. There was not way in even hell that he would give that to anyone. And giving this to me his son meant that he has something in his mind. This can't be as easy as a father passing on his heritage to his elder son.

There must be a deeper reason behind his decision, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that settled in my stomach. Shakti's expression was unreadable, but I could sense a hidden agenda behind his actions. As I tried to make sense of it all, I realized that my life was about to change in ways I never imagined.

I knew that I needed to be prepared for whatever was coming my way, as my father's actions hinted at a larger plan unfolding.

"Father..." I was cut-off by Shakti again.

"Well, I would like to inform you all be present on tomorrow without fail. We will also celebrate the success of tomorrows operation along with the coronation. Please continue, I will see you all tomorrow." He said cutting me off clapping himself and excusing himself.