Chapter 14 : Dewy sunshine

Jana yeh jana yeh maine jaanaa,

Tu mera tu mera, deewaannaaa..

It was a bright morning, and if I'm not wrong, it was the first day after weeks, nearly two months, of being on this island.

I had a huge smile on my face.

Time was passing by quickly, and I was in awe this morning when I opened the curtains. Following yesterday's stormy day, the sun shone through the clouds. After gazing at the sun, the trees and flowers smiled warmly. The vibrant colors of the landscape seemed to come alive in the sunlight.

Though the storms only lasted a few hours, the sight was scary. I knocked on Manhar's door because I was afraid the house would fall due to the intense rains.

And he laughed out loud at my stupidity, believing I had cracked a joke, but I couldn't comprehend how a house could remain intact in such a violent storm, especially on an island.

He confirmed that there is no possibility of anything horrible happening because the house is sufficiently strong. He led me to the open kitchen and prepared some hot chocolate to take my mind off the storm. Looking outside, the chilly weather and searing hot chocolate seemed like the perfect combo. As we sipped our drinks, he explained that the house was built to withstand even the most extreme weather conditions. I smiled at him and matched my expression.

Coming out of my reverview, I started my routine and quickly refreshed. I was struggling because my dress zip in the back got stuck in my wet hair.

Meera, you did great.

I tried to free my hair for about 10 minutes, but it only twisted it more.

"Urgghhhhh." I yelled in rage. I couldn't even pull my dress off because my hair was trapped and trying to pull it off hurt more. That's when I heard knock on the door.

OH GOD

"Come in." I said from the front nothing seemed to be wrong with me.

He walked in looking at me and then he looked away for a second and then started speaking.

"I uh I got a call from Mala, they have some other commitments and they won't be able to comeback for another few weeks. She wanted to talk to you whenever you are free." He said looking at me. I quickly composed myself, pushing aside the discomfort from my trapped hair.

"Thank you for letting me know." I replied.

"Okay then." He said and turned to leave before I stopped him.

"Wait, ca..can..yo..you help me." I said stammering adding more embarrassment to my situation.

"Tell me." He said coming inside and closing the door. I gestured him to come to the walk-in closet where I was standing. He raised his eyebrows at me, and I gave him a puppy dog face. He chuckled and walked over to me, just two feet away. Before he could ask any of the questions, I turned my back on him. And I heard him groan.