Chapter 12: Tom and Jerry play

Follow me on insta the_old_shelf for more updates

Jazbaat naye se mile hai,

Jaane kya asar yeh hua h,

Ek aas mili phir mujhko,

Jo qubook kisi ne kiya hai...

(PS : Listen to this song when reading this chapter)

Why am I here, why on earth am I here?

I was having trouble figuring out whether Manhar was a good person. He flips his good side off and turns back into an asshole the second I start to think he might not be all that horrible.

I went to my room and realized there was nothing I could do as soon as I got there. I'm all by myself, with nothing to do. My mind immediately went to the time we spent in the library. After so much time, I was at ease. After a while, I stopped caring about why I was there and just relaxed. I found solace in the peaceful atmosphere of the library, surrounded by the comforting scent of books and the gentle hum of pages being turned. It was a place where I could escape from the uncertainty surrounding Manhar's true nature and simply immerse myself in the world of literature.

But he was the only thing on my mind.

Manhar.

His honey brown eyes.

How he smiles.

How he observes everything I do.

I found myself constantly analysing his every move, trying to decipher his intentions and understand the depth of his feelings for me. It was both exhilarating and nerve-wracking, as I couldn't help but wonder if his intense gaze held a deeper meaning or if it was just my imagination running wild.

This Tom and Jerry play continued for another week. He continued glancing at me from the corner of his eyes whenever I was downstairs cooking in the kitchen or simply sitting on the veranda outside the first floor, enjoying the fresh air. Despite his attempts to appear nonchalant, I could feel his gaze lingering on me whenever we were in the same room. I knew he was staring at me, and whenever I turned my head in his direction, he would look aside, pretending to be distracted by his Phone.

Phone.

I would say that there were numerous occasions throughout the week when I could have used his phone while he was doing something else. But for some reason, I didn't want to destroy the invisible thread that connected us. There is no doubt that he kidnapped me without my knowledge, but the comfortable silence I am sharing with him while we are in the same surroundings is peaceful for the time being.

And David, I am not sure what happened to him. When I confronted Manhar and asked where David was, he just shrugged and said, 'He went for good.'

I'm not sure what that means. But I have a feeling that Manhar has something to do with his disappearance.