Chapter 3: Spinning Spinsters

Ajnabi, ho ja zara ajnabee

Duniya ki sunta hai kyu,

Khud ki bhi sunn le kabhi..

"Why, why, why is it always ME?" I sighed

"Because you are an idiot." Heena added mocking my situation.

"Not just that, she's stupid, lazy, and an arrogant pig..." Kavya was cut off when I shut her off.

"That's it." I got up from my beach chair, loaded my empty glass with sand, and flung it at Kavya and Heena. They both let out a feminine yell and rushed in the opposite direction. They both were stunned by my reaction, but I was just getting started. I was already irritated by the most lovely morning of my life.

I was expected to arrive at the airport by 9 a.m. For a 10:30 am flight but my phone decided to sleep, especially in times of need. And because everyone was too exhausted last night, it was my mother who woke me up at 8 freaking 30. I hurriedly dressed in the first pair of jeans and a t-shirt, luckily my bags were packed and Dad had the car ready, and I opted to skip looking at myself in the mirror part. Washing my facing and brushed my teeth within 20 seconds if that was even possible. It was already 9:45 a.m. when I arrived at the airport, and the security check took another 30-40 minutes. You can see that the flight was kept waiting specifically for me, or so I believed because I reached just in time before the security gates decided to close. And the looks I got from my other passengers when I walked in told it all.

But, if you hadn't noticed, Heena and Kavya, who I wouldn't call friends from hereon, were sitting carefree in their chairs, laughing, and joking about a really gorgeous boy who kept glancing at me. Not that type of stare, anyway. Let's assume my half-makeup-free face and bird nest hairdo on my head are appealing. My awful coffee-stained T-shirt from Dad trying to play GTA on the road was the icing on the cake. Bitches arrived at the airport around 8 a.m., attempted to shop, and didn't mind ringing my house phone to see if I was awake. And when I phoned them and told them about my predicament, they literally laughed, which included grabbing your stomach and dying of laughter until tears streamed down their faces.

Not exaggerating at all!

"You stupid bitch..." This time it was Kavya, and she dashed towards me with sand in both hands. I dashed towards the water to save my life, only to witness Heena join Kavya in the process and strangle her instead. I was still sprinting when I hit a wall and collapsed on the sand completely confused.

"Who the hell built that wall in the middle of a fucki..." Oh, dear. It wasn't a barrier. I collided with a man who collapsed on the sand with me on top of him, rolling towards the water in a tangled mess. It happened so fast that I couldn't even see his face.

"I'm terribly sorry...Ouch." I attempted to stand up as a wave swallowed us both.

Shit.

"Hold on to me." He stated this, and I chined up to meet his gaze. The most stunning pair of hazel brown eyes I've ever seen. He was 6'2 tall, with a strong jawline and a clean shave, superbly built, and dressed in peach boxers and a white wife beater to show off his muscles and dusky white skin tone. His brown hairs, now tangled with water, matched his aura. The way he carried himself exuded confidence and magnetism, making it impossible to look away. I just couldn't look away.