Chapter 18: Action time

Double update

Please vote and comment

I woke up with a jerk when I heard someone knocking at the door. I did not know when I fell asleep. I remember having breakfast with Meera and then she wanted to take a tour of the hotel, so we went on the tour and had lunch in the same hotel restaurant. When we came back, she decided to watch some devil's series online and that's when I excused myself as this was the perfect time to work on our plan. I don't know for how long I was here, but it was dark outside the window when someone knocked on my door.

"Coming." It must be Meera. I walked towards the door and opened it revealing her looking at me with a small smile.

"What are you doing inside for so long?" She asked and started peeping inside my room. She couldn't see due to our height difference. I walked out with her closing the door behind me.

"Listen to me, Sweety. Do anything you want but never, I repeat never go in that room without my permission." I said trying hard to be serious. However, it was tough to be hard on her after the shift in our situation. And especially after I knew the truth about her past, I was craving inside out to tell her about it.

It was evident that she was clueless about the past we shared, but my heart awaited to know how she would react when she learned about the fact that 'I was that drowning boy.'

She looked at me with puppy eyes and it was evident that she did not like that I switched the tone. She removed my hand, which was holding her shoulders, and walked back to her room. She was angry with me. I could tell that with the fact just how loudly the door was slammed shut.

I couldn't help but laugh at her childish actions. I know exactly what needs to be done to cheer her up. It was almost time to carry out our plan, so I looked at my watch.

I quickly got ready and exited the suite, ensuring the bodyguard was vigilant and taking care of her security. I asked the manager to deliver some food for Meera's dinner as I went downstairs. I don't want her to miss her meal, even though she may be upset with me.

After starting my car, I was at my destination in ten minutes. Now, it was close to midnight. I made my way straight to the nearby hotel where I had reserved a suite. Our plan was really simple.

We needed to collect diamonds worth $100 million from one of the smugglers. But the catch was it was our diamonds, which he surrendered to police and handed over to the authorities. It was kept in a museum, and this was our only chance to get it. The heist had to be executed flawlessly, or else we risked losing everything.

To assure safety, they had invisible red-light slicers surrounding the gems, as well as five alarms. Don't even get me started on the security cameras and black cat commandos that guard it. It was our gems. Shakti received them as a gift from a Dubai businessman a few years ago after he saved his life. And one of his men, Mark, a member of the CBI, joined us to know the location of the jewel . Well that's a different story. Shakti had spent months planning every detail of the heist, making sure to cover all possible angles. The team was ready, nerves on edge, as they prepared to make their move on the most heavily guarded gems in the world. We'll stick with the diamonds for now and think about what we can do with Mark later.

As per our plan, I divided the group into three parts. The first will dress up as security, and we have prepared for fake IDs with the world's top hacker Smith working for us. I handed him a large sum of money to hack into their security system and ensure that the cameras at a specified spot stop working for 5 minutes at midnight. The second crew will dress up as civilians, enter the museum, and remain hidden until the time comes. The third crew will be responsible for turning off the entire area's electricity before midnight and taking down the commandos while it's dark. The plan is foolproof, and we have rehearsed every step meticulously to ensure success. With everyone playing their part perfectly, we will execute the heist smoothly and escape without a trace.

Once the electricity is turned off, the infrared slicers and alarm will cease working, ensuring that all security gates are unlocked, and we will be able to instruct our team to go to the location where the diamonds were held. As soon as they arrive, their mission will be to replace the jewels with low-cost gems, depart through the back gate, and head directly to the adjacent hotel. My team needed to get to the vault and finish the job because it would only be inoperative for five minutes.

The clock beeped, telling me that it was 11:45 p.m. I entered the room, where Smith sat in front of six monitors. He appeared absorbed and was typing something on the keyboard. I had a few of my men here with me in case we needed to proceed with plan B.

"I'm ready, let me know when." Smith informed me that he had a backup power supply for his systems in case of a power outage, and I nodded. I took up the phone and dialed Bill.

"All set, Sir." Bill confirmed over the phone that the power outage would occur in exactly two minutes. I removed my gun, checked to see if it had the necessary bullets, and placed it in the back of my pants, covering it with my suit jacket. I made sure to keep a calm demeanor, knowing that any slip-up could jeopardize the entire operation. As the lights flickered and then went out, I knew it was time to put our plan into action.

"Let the show begin." I said, looking at the security cameras.

_______________________________________________

What do you think is gonna happen next?

A penny for your thought?

Constructive criticism is appreciated

Please vote and comment on this book to support my work