Chapter 19: The moment of truth

For all the readers who are reading this book without voting, please note that there is continuous dedication and hardship behind every chapter posted here. 

Your support in terms of votes is truly a motivation and I will start updating more frequently than now.

So far I have not even reached 25 votes however reads is 10 times more than that.

So please support my work and vote on all the chapters you've read so far and keep commenting if you like my work.

Enjoy the chapter!

Tera mujhe kar jaati hai dooriyan

Satati hai dooriyan

Tarsati hai dooriyan

Fanna ho sabhi dooriyan

PS: Listen to the song when reading this chapter

I was awakened by the sound of a knock on the door. I instantly stood up and walked outside to open the door. As soon as I opened the door, I realized it was dinner delivered by a hotel staff member.

"I'm sorry we didn't order anything." I rubbed my eyes, as everything around me was too bright.

"Sir did." He said, passing over the tray to the bodyguard standing outside, as only us and him were permitted to enter the room. Not even the hotel staff while he wasn't there.

I made some way so that he could keep the food in.

"Did you eat?" I asked the bodyguard.

"Yes, Miss." He said. I nodded, and he excused himself, closing the door behind him.

I heard the front door close before I fell asleep. I knew he was not here. I checked the time, and it was after midnight.

Where is he?

I wondered, feeling a sense of unease creeping in. Perhaps he had gone out for a late-night meeting or had some urgent business to attend. Regardless, I couldn't shake off the feeling of worry that lingered in my mind.

I served myself dinner, but for some reason, I was unable to eat. My thoughts kept returning to the conversation I had with him. How his tone changed when I tried to enter into his personal space or when I switched the topic to his profession. 

Will we ever be able to move past this?

I tried to distract myself by watching TV, but my mind kept wandering back to him.

If he refuses to tell me, I will find the answers for myself.

I finished my meal and headed to the same room where he stayed. I opened it and saw it was a little smaller. Less like a bedroom, more like a home office. I examined the entire room, and nothing appeared out of place.