20

Although Yugeom said he would treat Lisa to dinner, she wasn't sure if she would have time tonight.

Yesterday, she received her first acting gig, and the notification to join the rehearsal was for 4:00 PM. Lisa had never attended rehearsals this late; usually, she would finish by the evening if she went early in the morning. Today might end up being a late night for her.

She asked Yugeom to reschedule the dinner for tomorrow and then took a cab to the film studio.

On the way, Lisa was still wondering about the nature of this production. Why would they assemble so late? Upon arriving at the hotel where they did makeup, she finally understood that it was a horror film production!

She never imagined she would be so unlucky that she would land a minor role in a horror film! And it was one of those Chinese-style horror movies, the type she feared the most! Even the actor who had special effects makeup scared her so much last time that she got fired from the set.

The film they were about to shoot was titled [Wedding Feast]. Lisa would be playing a guest attending a banquet, but before the banquet ended, she would meet a chilling fate.

Perhaps to set the mood for the actors, the staff had been intentionally or unintentionally discussing the old mansion where they were filming. According to them, previous crews that shot there had encountered strange occurrences.

Lisa's heart raced when she heard this and couldn't help but ask, "What kind of strange occurrences?"

The makeup artist surnamed Jang hesitated for a moment and then sighed, "Forget it, I shouldn't scare you."

Lisa: "..."

Now she was even more scared!

After getting into character, the sky outside had turned dark. This time, she didn't have to take a bus with other extras to the filming location; the crew arranged a separate car to transport the featured actors to and from the site.

The upgraded treatment for being a featured actor brought a little relief to Lisa's nerves.

On the way, she distracted herself by taking selfies with her phone. Her role today was that of a Republican-era university student, and the hairstylist gave her two braids, making her look innocent and pure.

Upon arriving at the filming location, Lisa immediately spotted the old mansion that the makeup artist had mentioned earlier. It was already quite dark outside, but the set didn't have many lights on, leaving the mansion silently standing in the night, looking eerie.

Dry ice machines were also prepared on set, likely to create a foggy atmosphere later.

Lisa's nerves were on edge; it felt like she had stepped into a highly realistic escape room.

Summoning up courage, Lisa went to the wardrobe truck and collected her outfit—a short top paired with long bottoms, complemented by a pair of black leather shoes, giving her a complete student look. After changing into the costume, Lisa noticed that the crew's suona team had also arrived, and there were plenty of paper money and white wax candles prepared on the scene...

Suddenly, making money from this gig seemed less appealing.

"Let's have a meal first, and after that, we'll start shooting," the crew's staff pushed the boxed lunches over. Lisa chased after them and got one. Whether it was because of the special treatment for featured actors or because the crew sympathized with the trauma she was about to experience on set, this boxed lunch was the most luxurious one she had ever had since she started as an extra...

And this made her feel even more uneasy!

After finishing the meal, Lisa was called over to start shooting. The set lights were really bright and expertly positioned, creating an unsettling atmosphere in the composition. Although the scene was set at a wedding banquet, there were white lanterns hanging around instead of the typical red ones...