27

Lisa was still on her way to the audition location.

The audition usually takes place at a hotel. But, there would be other actors auditioning on-site besides the main creative team, so there should be a lot of people. So, there was nothing to be afraid of. However, Lisa still sent her location to Sunmi after arriving, just in case.

These past two days, Lisa watched the web drama directed by Mark Tuan before, and although she could tell that his filming was somewhat immature, she really liked his camera work. Mark Tuan's previous web drama was also in the martial arts genre, and he seemed to have a preference for that world of chivalry, enjoying the sense of justice and revenge in it. The world he depicted through his lens had that kind of chivalrous spirit he admired, so if he could fully express himself in this production, the visuals would surely be impressive.

The core of a television drama had always been its script. Although [New Moon Wuxin Sword] had the original work as its foundation, it was not known how the production team was going to adapt it, especially for a drama that had been remade several times. Everyone hoped that they could bring some fresh elements to the story.

Lisa only received the audition-related part of the script and didn't know the full details of it, but the section she had read was well-written.

Today, she was vying for the role of Yujin, the first major character she had received until now. In the original work of [New Moon Wuxin Sword], Yujinwas a divine healer who saved the male lead after he fell off a cliff with severe injuries. She soon developed feelings for him as they spent time together. The male lead lost his memory from the fall and he temporarily forgot about the deep enmity he carried with him, so the time he spent with Yujinin the mountains could be considered as the most relaxed and purest period of his life. After regaining his memory, the male lead naturally left, and to avoid involving Yujinin his affairs, he told her he would return once he resolved everything.

In the end, he did come back, but with another woman by his side.

Ugh, a scumbag. Lisa cursed in her heart.

Yujin's role wasn't extensive, totaling no more than five episodes. But in the many remakes, the writers always liked to be innovative with this character. Some turned her into a white lotus, others into a villain, or changed her into someone seeking revenge. However, no matter the changes, the core of this character remained the same - hopelessly in love with the male lead.

When Mark Tuan chatted with Lisa about the script last time, he specifically mentioned that this time, Yujinhad been modified. This time, Yujinwas portrayed as a cold and indifferent divine healer who would say there was no need for the male lead to come back after he left.

Lisa was thrilled by this development.

Upon arriving at the studio, Lisa parked her car and sent her location to Sunmi. Sunmi quickly replied, "Have you arrived? You can do it! Don't be nervous!"

Lisa: Okay! If I successfully secure the role, I'll send you a big red envelope!

Sunmi: I'm waiting!

Lisa put away her phone and pressed the elevator button to go upstairs. Inside the hotel elevator, she received information from the crew. After arriving at her floor, as soon as she stepped out of the elevator, she saw actors lined up for the audition, so she didn't have to worry about finding the place.

The place was truly crowded. There were four roles to be cast today, two male and two female. Lisa quietly joined the end of the queue. In the corridor, she could see not only the actors waiting in line but also those who had received the script and were preparing for their performances. Lisa was relatively calm at first, but now she started to feel a bit nervous due to the atmosphere on the scene.