Extrac Chapter -13

Lisa had prepared a winning speech, but after stepping onto the stage, her mind went blank, and she couldn't remember a single word from her prepared speech. She had to improvise.

"Firstly, I want to thank the esteemed judges for their recognition and for presenting me with this award. I did consider the possibility of winning before, but it's only after holding this trophy in my hands that I truly feel its weight. Three years ago, I was just a foreground extra in the Film and Television City, and it was tough back then. But I was happy whenever I got a chance to appear on screen. It was during that time that I met Director Tuan, who was also a newcomer at the time. I had to look him up online to find out who he was."

When she mentioned this, there was a small chuckle from the audience, Lisa also smiled along with them, holding the award and continuing, "Three years ago, he told me that even renowned directors discover their own actors, and he wanted to do the same."

The laughter from the audience grew louder, even Director Tuan couldn't help but smile.

"Anyway, I want to thank Director Tuan for choosing me. Let's consider this stage as a starting point for both of us. I know there's still a lot of room for improvement in my acting, and I will continue to work hard, not letting down everyone's recognition and expectations today. I also wish all those who are still striving for their careers in the entertainment industry a bright future. Thank you."

Amidst a round of applause, Lisa stepped down from the stage and let out a long sigh after returning to her seat.

Her impromptu speech quickly became a hot topic on social media after winning the White Jade Butterfly Best Actress Award, the live stream chat was flooded with congratulatory messages.

At this year's White Jade Butterfly Awards, [The Pursuit of the Heart] won a total of four awards; Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best TV Series, making it the biggest winner.

The award ceremony continued with high enthusiasm, but Lisa soon calmed down and returned to her daily life. Her pregnancy symptoms had become more intense than before, but they were still manageable.

As the end of the year approached, there were numerous events, but due to her special condition, Lisa didn't attend all of them and tried to take more time to rest. In late December, the Golden Bull Film Awards ceremony took place, and the movie [Hearing the World] which was released in May, received three nominations, including Best Actress.

After intense competition, Director Mark missed the Best Director award, but Lisa proudly won another Best Actress award.

Last year,  Lisa had only hoped for a White Jade Butterfly Best Actress award, so winning Golden Bull Film Best Actress Award was undoubtedly the biggest surprise for her this year.

Both the director and the lead actress were first-timers in the movie industry, and no one expected the film to gross over five billion in box office revenue, let alone Lisa winning the Best Actress award for her role.

Even Lisa herself felt like she was in a dream.

The internet was flooded with many congratulations with fans celebrating as if they had passed an exam with flying colors.

Among the countless congratulations, someone finally took a keen angle and caught the attention of a large number of netizens.

「During the White Jade Butterfly Awards, I had this faint feeling, and now during the Golden Bull Film Awards, it's even stronger. Lisa's dress styles are generally more conservative, especially this time, her dress is even looser. Is she pregnant???」

In no time, [Lisa Manoban suspected of being pregnant] shot up the trending searches.

In this topic, everyone was playing detective, scrutinizing the photos of Lisa on-site with magnifying glasses, trying to find any signs of pregnancy. Lisa read those comments, some of which were pure speculation, while others were well-analyzed and supported by evidence.