72

Jungkook drove the car as they made their way to Huadu. Lisa sat in the passenger seat, looking at the statement released by Huanyu. There were comments from curious netizens and various sources, all criticizing Yu Wei.

Lisa was engrossed in reading the comments when Mark called via video. She tapped the screen with her fingertips, and Mark's face appeared, "What's up, Director Tuan?"

"Have you seen the statement from Huanyu?" Mark asked from the other end.

Lisa nodded, telling him, "I'm just enjoying it."

"Oh... Huanyu specially contacted me just now and explained a lot. In short, they definitely won't withdraw, so you don't need to worry."

"I never worried in the first place," Lisa said, "But even if they don't withdraw, I still plan to invest."

"Sigh, our drama doesn't lack money now. After Sehun said he wanted to withdraw, many investors contacted us, saying they want to invest," Mark complained with a troubled expression, "Oh, by the way, some of them mentioned that they are your friends."

"My friends?"

"Yes."

Mark mentioned a few CEOs of companies; Lisa listened and nodded slowly, "Oh, I do know them. We meet at the business conferences every year."

"Besides these CEOs, there's also President Tan from the Rongtai Group. Their group has investments in many fields but has never had any dealings with the entertainment industry. Yet, they suddenly want to invest in our drama," Mark thought to himself that it was because their drama crew was indeed outstanding, "Let me tell you, our drama crew is now facing the problem of having too many potential investors. We have to select the best ones from them."

"Oh..." Lisa listened to him and then said slowly, "I think I'm quite good, so pick me!"

Mark: "..."

"My mom gave me all the properties left by my aunt, and I've been thinking about how to use this money. Now I know. Investing in my first leading drama is the best choice," Lisa explained reasonably, "It feels like witnessing the birth of a protagonist, and from there, I'll continue the journey from the starting point."

"..."

Mark was silent for a moment after hearing her words, "If you put it that way, I have no choice but to accept this money."

"That's right. Let's find a time to sign the contract later."

"Okay..."

"By the way, there's still one role left to cast, right? Can I recommend Kang Sunmi from my studio?"

Mark raised an eyebrow and asked, "What's this? You just invested, and now you want to push someone from your studio into the production?"

"Come on, don't say it like that. I just want to give Director Tuan a chance to audition. Whether she's qualified or not depends on her abilities."

Mark pondered for a moment and replied, "I do remember the person you mentioned. She was on the 'New Moon Wuxin Sword' set as a supporting character, right? She's a good friend of yours."

"Yes, and her conditions are pretty good. She should be able to handle a minor role."

"Okay, then let her audition when the time comes. However, I can't guarantee if she'll be selected or not," Mark said, then glanced at Lisa , "But this matter can easily be misconstrued. Even if she gets selected based on her talent, outsiders might think that you pushed her in."

Lisa didn't seem to mind, "If others want to say whatever they like, I can't control that. I believe an actor's work will speak for itself. If she's genuinely talented, the audience will see it. Besides, if we don't give her an opportunity to audition just because she's from my studio, wouldn't that be unfair?"