Chapter 3

Abigail

"Fuck me." I cursed.

My head was throbbing, my stomach doing flips as I tried to sit up in my bed.

Damn it! What the hell did I do last night?

My dress from last night was more than just uncomfortable to sleep in. I felt awful. My body was aching, my mind tried to clear up the mess inside and fuck... I really needed to throw up.

The light of the sun stung my eyes as I slowly opened them, searching for my phone to check my time. 7:36 on a Monday morning.

Fuck!

I had to be at the studio by 8 every morning. Even if I would exit the building right at that moment, I would be late. So at least I should try to get my shit together. But first... throw up.

I stumbled out of my very comfortable sheets, basically falling over my cat pet running away from me as I fall into the bathroom. 

In the mirror, I did not look like myself. My eyes were red from the lack of sleep and my lips were swollen... wait. Fuck!

"Oh my God!" I whispered in disbelief. All the memories of the wedding slipped back inside my mind. The fight with Lillian, Clara... God, Clara.

Eight years before I met her in a very shitty situation and she was able to make things disappear. Clara was something different. Definitely something different.

It wasn't just the alcohol last night. I have wanted to know her since the day I met her. I wanted more. So much more. I wanted to know everything about her. God her lips. I... fuck... I wanted more of that too. Her lips tasted so damn good, so addicting that after the first time I kissed her in the car, I never wanted to stop. She told me a few times that she was not gay... but man... you can't kiss a girl the way she did it and say you don't like women.

I didn't want to seem desperate, but I wanted to call her. And since I did not have her number the only thing I could have done was to call my sister, to call Hayley, to ask Lillian to give it to me. And let's be honest... that would make me look a little desperate.

Since I was already going to be late, I was ready to miss the whole first session of today's practice. My head was pounding as I walked down the road to the nearest coffee shop in the street.

The smell of the shop filled my nose, already helping my headache. It was a little place, really private, I wasn't even sure it was on the google map if you searched for it. I dropped my bag and coat to an empty chair at an empty table, before walking to the cashier to order my usual ice latte.

"Can I interest you in anything else?" The girl asked from behind the counter from the woman in front of me.

My eyes were glued to my phone, sending a message to girls that I'll be late, if it was not obvious till this moment.

"Nothing thanks."

My fingers froze mid typing and my heart... my fucking heart started to beat insanely fast.

No way!

My throat ran dry and no matter how hard I tried to spill out some words, I did not have the ability to say a word. My tongue ran across my lips, wetting them slightly before they parted.

"Here you go." I was completely frozen in my place, only slightly lifting up my head to eye her back.

"Thank you! Have a good day!" I imagined her smiling, even if it did not come through her voice.

"You too!"

My breath stuck in my lungs as I saw it in slow motion as she turned around. I swear to God, I felt my fingers buzzing, yearning for me to touch her. I couldn't move from my place, so she crushed into me as she turned around to leave.