The diminishing glow of the flame (2)

Starfania jolted awake, overwhelmed by a primal horror that surged through every fiber of her being. Drenched in sweat and trembled with every breath. Grasping for breath, she struggled to fill her lungs with air, each inhaling constricting her chest. She placed her hand on her chest and started rubbing it. In the depth of the nights, she faced an uninvited guest- a panic attack. Her heart pounding relentlessly, echoing the turmoil consuming her mind. Starfania's senses were enveloped by a suffocating tapestry of fear and anguish, reminiscent of the profound sorrow that had shattered her world when her mother left this world. While sleeping, the profound sorrow that she had attempted to suppress was resurfacing with greater intensity, pulling her into a torrent of tears. In that fragile moment, she was overwhelmed by memories of the excruciating pain that filled her mother's death.

As she grappled with the overwhelming sorrow, nearly consumed by grief, the door softly creaked open. A woman with silver hair and milk chocolate skin, wearing reading glasses. Her face was etched with genuine concern and her calm and gentle voice broke the silence. " Miss Starfania, are you alright? I heard tears when I was passing by your door and came in as fast as I could. "

" Thank you for your concern, Ren. It was just a nightmare. " Starfania replied, her voice still carrying a trace of tension. Ren's eyes softened as she could see Starfania's inner demon clawing at her. She gave Starfania a reassuring smile before tenderly wrapping her in a comforting embrace.

" Everything will be fine. Just know you don't have to go through this alone, " she whispered gently, her voice filled with empathy.

" No, Ren, no " Starfania whispered, the exhaustion and frustration evident in her voice.

" It feels like I'm haunted by a never-ending loop of painful memories: my mother's death, my brother's disappearance, and my father's pain, It is overwhelming, almost unbearable. " Her voice faltered under the weight, threatening to consume her once again.

 Ren seemed to recognize that Starfania was criticizing herself for all this misfortune that had happened in the past. So she spoke with a gentle tone " My dear, I know the past can hurt. But remember, it is how one deals with it that can truly move forward. "

Her profound insight pierced the darkness of Starfani's despair, as a flicker of hope managed to reach the deep of her soul. The word she spewed held the promise of a future illuminated by hope, where her ceaseless agony could hopefully find some peace. Their eyes met, and Starfania was met with her understanding gaze. She smiled offering reassurance. A comforting worth spread through her chest that finally eased the pain in her chest. Allowing her to finally stop rubbing it when she assured her that everything would be alright. 

Starfania pulled away from the hug, sensing something odd about Ren's story. Why had Ren been passing by her door in the first place? Curiosity got the better of her and she asked, " Was it my dad who sent you here? "