Death looms, waiting for its next victim (25)

As they continued to bask in the warmth of their shared laughter, Starfania couldn't help but let her thoughts drift to a place that held a special significance for her- one she had never shared outside of Aeron. The idea slowly formed into her mind, it was delicate and somewhat hesitant, like the first ray of dawn. She glanced at Aeron, who was now helping Violet adjust her position on Drogo's back, his expression softened by the moment. A surge of excitement mixed with a touch of nervousness welled up inside her.

" Aeron, " Starfania's voice was gentle as if she was testing the waters, " How would you feel about going to Bone Cave? "

He turned his attention toward Starfania, curiosity flickering his eyes.

" Of course, " he replied, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. " We can go after we're done here, though. "

Starfania took a deep breath, feeling the words gather in her throat. " I was thinking... maybe we could take Violet and Drogo there? It's a special place, and I think she would love it. "

She waited, watching Aeron's face as he considered her suggestion, the idea now out in the open, waiting for his response. Despite her enthusiasm, Aeron responded with a skeptical look, saying, " I can't take my little sister there. Don't you remember what happened last time? "

" I do, " she pleaded, her voice earnest. "But he didn't harm us. We remained unharmed. "

Aeron had every right to be somewhat hesitant with Bone when they first met. He looked like he was going to pounce on them. Not to mention it has been years since Bone had been around little kids. At one point, he would watch over the two of them while their mothers chatted with each other. However, because of an incident, he was now meant to live the rest of his day in that cave. So he has hardly had any human contact with anyone. Until Starfania and Aeron started to visit him more often than before. She reassured him that they would be there to look after her in case anything goes wrong. After a moment of hesitation, he finally agreed, a bit reluctant though.

" If anything happens to her, I'm holding you responsible. If she gets hurt, our friendship is over. " Aeron stated firmly, his expression leaving no room for doubt.

Starfania nodded, understanding the weight of his words. The responsibility pressed heavily on her as she realized the seriousness of the situation. She wanted Violet to meet Bone and show her what Vulcanfire used to be like before the tragedies, but the thought of losing Aeron, her closest friend, was truly terrifying. It was a difficult situation. Whatever she chose, she had to be ready to face the consequences. In the end, she trusted her instincts as they were getting ready to venture into Bone's Cave. She walked over to Vi, who remained perched up on top of Drogo's back and was practically smiling from ear to ear. While she playfully called out to her, " Oh, Vi-Vi, how would you like to go on an adventure? "

Her purple eyes started to twinkle as she grinned from ear to ear. Even Drogo's tail was wagging from excitement. Then she quickly exclaimed, " Yes! Let's go! "

Drogo raised his front leg and reared, almost like a horse, as he started to dash off while Violet screamed in excitement. Aeron's eyes widen at the scene as he watches Drogo take off with his sister. He started yelling at him to slow down, but they both were in their little world. Starfania just gave a small smile as she watched the scene play before her. However, her mind kept thinking about all the worst scenarios that could happen when it came to this meeting. She was falling behind them as her three companions were having fun. No matter how hard she tried to focus on the positive outcome, it kept going back to the other one.