Uncovering the Pain Behind the Eyes (18)

Everyone's eyes turned to the new sound and to their surprise it was Daniel he looked like he just come from outside. His hair was a bit messy and wet while his clothes were a bit more well matinee. Then he grabbed his rags and wiped his forehead with it. Yet he still spoke with manner " Forgive me for my tardiness. The practice took a lot longer than anticipated. "

Starfania looked very perplexed as he cast her a glance, even the confusion was etched onto Aaron's face. Daniel confidently stepped forward, positioning himself directly in front of Professor Shadow. In a sincere tone, Daniel admitted " I asked both Starfania and Aeron if they could do me a favor. You see I was running late for practice and forgot my homework at home and asked if they could retrieve it. "

Daniel's action caught Professor Shadow off guard for his courage to voice his words. Even though they both knew that he was not responsible for Aeron and Starfania running late, yet he was willing to take the blame for them. Which caused them to exchange confused glances onto their faces. His action had seemed to quell the storm inside the professor. Cause he nearly just gave them a stern warning about being on time before letting them go. As the trio headed towards their seat everyone in the classroom was staring at Daniel with awe. Right before Starfania fully took her seat Professor Shadow said. " Just because your Cesar daughter does not give you an excuse to act out. The next time this happens I'll be the one who takes you to detention. "

Starfania could feel her knuckles turn white as she was gripping her chair and simply replied " I understand sir. "

He simply smiled in return as she finally sat down in her seat then Aeron leaned back in his seat and spoke in a whisper " That was intense. But Daniel saved our butts back there. "

She turned her head to look at Daniel who was sitting at the back of the class as he gave her his charming smile. Her eyes seemed to twinkle like the stars in the night sky " Yeah, he did. "