The World Cup

Caitlin had left for Australia two days after Katie had left. Obviously the two had been kept in contact by calling or texting each other, but because the time difference and being so busy they didn't always catch each other at the best moments. There was one day, only a couple days before their game, that Caitlin had called her girlfriend when it was 8 at night for her and it would be 9 for Katie in the morning.

"Hello beautiful." Katie answered, Caitlin could hear a bit of rustling in the background which meant Katie was on the move.

"Hey! What're you up to?"

"Just packing my bags again and getting ready to go out for training but that's still another 15 minutes away. What're you up to."

"Just hanging around, just finished dinner as well and rushed up to my room to see if I could catch you before you started your day." Caitlin said playing with the sheet of her bed.

"Well you have amazing timing my dear, I'm all yours." Katie said then taking a seat on her bed as well. They talked for a little while about how trainings have been and how excited they are for games to start again. "You know what else I'm excited for?" Caitlin knew that tone, Katie was trying to get frisky with her.

"What's that?" She decided to ask, playing along.

"Seeing you, hearing your voice... touching you." Katie slowly said, trying to be seductive.

"Oh baby, you're so smooth." Caitlin teased.

"Tell me something I don't know." Katie said cockily.

Caitlin just laughed and then they continued to have a normal conversation, until Katie had to leave to go to training.

A few days passed and it was the day of their game. Caitlin had texted Katie that morning 'Can't wait to see you xx' she got an immediate response back saying 'you're going to get smashed' is all Katie replied back with.

Both teams had warmed up and they could already hear the roar of the crowd. The Republic of Ireland was already lined up in the tunnel, with Katie at the front. Anyone could tell that she was hyper focused on the game to come. Australia was walking down the tunnel as well and Caitlin immediately spotted her girlfriend at the front of the line, clearly she could tell she was very focused, but Caitlin couldn't help from looking over to her. She had missed her so much throughout the month and now that they're in the same vicinity again they couldn't even go up and actually be together. Katie had turned around once and immediately she laid eyes on her Aussie. They both smiled at each other but immediately after they had clicked back into being hyper focused on the game.

After they walked out of the tunnels and lined up to shake the other countries hands, it sent an electric spark through both the girls when they shook hands because it was the first time they had touched in such a long time. It had taken up Caitlin's thoughts until she went to go shake another girls hand but didn't feel a hand met with hers, she looked up a little shocked but then realised it was Ruesha, Katie's ex. She probably should've seen this coming, of course her ex girlfriend of nearly 7 years was going to be upset that she was acting and looking so smitten around Katie. She understood it but decided to let it slide because she had the fate of her country on hers and her teammates shoulders.

Throughout the game, Ruesha had knocked and nudged Caitlin here and there, and had said some unclear things that Caitlin was ignoring because whatever it was it wasn't to do with the game. At one point Caitlin was walking backwards (knowing who was behind her) and obviously Katie saw her coming, they bumped into one another and would've stayed attached at the hip if it wasn't for Katies teammate pushing Caitlin away. The game had gone in favour of Australia when Steph Catley, both of their teammates at Arsenal, had kicked a goal in a penalty shot. After the game Caitlin was celebrating with her team but then started walking towards some of the Ireland players to shake their hands but she probably should've read the number and names before she started walking towards them, because the person she was walking towards was Ruesha. Of course Ruesha thought it was Caitlin coming over to gloat or start something so Ruesha squared up with her and put her finger up against Caitlin's chest.

"Cheater on and off the field Foord." Ruesha started, "Couldn't even wait a whole two months before you had your tongue down her throat."

Caitlin couldn't necessarily disagree with Ruesha, but Ruesha didn't know the sort of feelings she had towards Katie and how Katie felt towards her as well. Caitlin wasn't going to start anything with Ruesha so she didn't say what immediately came to mind, which was to defend her relationship because that would've only made situations worse.

"Good game alright." Caitlin said trying to walk forward but Ruesha kept getting in her way. Ruesha started saying something else but Caitlin couldn't quite understand her and this was in time when Denise O'Sullivan, Katie's teammate, had come over to pull Ruesha away. Then Caitlin went back to celebrating with her team and their fans. Not wanting to rub it in Katies face, Caitlin had decided not to text her girlfriend just yet and focused on celebrating with her Aussies.