Families

Long chapter because I didn't know how to break it up, but enjoy <3

The next morning Caitlin told Katie that she wanted to take her out to try and cheer her up. Luckily Caitlin didn't wear any clothes to bed last night so her clothes from yesterday were still clean, she was wearing light blue shorts and a light blue top with a black cap. Katie was wearing cream coloured shorts and a green top, she was about to put the matching top she had for the shorts on but noticed Caitlin was looking a bit cold so she chucked it to her to put on, which she did. Then they very quietly snuck out of the hotel, hopeful not to disturb any of Katie's teammates, especially Ruesha, because they would've have been EXTREMELY awkward.

Caitlin took Katie out to some of the Sydney beaches to walk on and then went to get some breakfast from a cafe that was on the beach. They didn't speak too much on the game because it definitely still would've been a sore spot for Katie. So they avoided the topic and instead spoke about their families and friends and how they both needed to tell them that they were now in a relationship. Since Katie's family would still be in Australia for a little bit longer, Caitlin could meet them then and Katie would still be in Australia for a little bit longer too so she too could officially meet Caitlin's mum and sister.

They continued their exploring and decided to go shopping, they did notice that they were starting to get recognised by a few people on the street and saw a few people taking photos of them. They decided to ignore it for a little bit but then were starting to feel like their privacy was getting violated so they decided to get an Uber back to Caitlin's hotel. They hung out for another hour before both of them had to go do stuff with their teams. They decided that tomorrow night both girls could go out for dinner with their family's so that they could meet for the first time, as a couple.

The next day.

Caitlin had woken up to a good morning text from her girlfriend and told her that the team was going out for breakfast together, just incase the media decided to twist the narrative and make it look like it was just her and Ruesha together. Caitlin thought this was sweet of Katie to reassure her but reminded her that if Katie did want to go have a meal with Rue then it would be okay because they did have a really long history. Katie told her that that would most likely never happen. Caitlin laughed at this and sent a love heart as a response. The whole day both girls had trainings they had to undergo but they were both having a mix between excited and nervous feelings for their family dinner tonight.

Caitlin's mum, her sister and her sisters fiancé would be coming to dinner. Katies mum, dad, 3 of her sisters and two of her brothers would be coming to dinner as well. It was safe to say Caitlin was feeling very intimidated but remember the 3 people who brought her the most peace (Caitlin's mum, her sister and of course Katie) were going to be there so it would be a good time.

After their trainings, both girls got ready for dinner and met up at Katies hotel again and then got an Uber to the restaurant. Caitlin's family had made it there first which immediately put her at ease. Both families had already met both girls before but this is the first time they'd both seen the girls together as a couple, so they were both feeling a little nervous, especially Katie because she didn't know how Caitlin's mum would react to her moving on from a seven year relationship so quickly. But when Simone immediately went in to hug Katie to say hello, she knew nothing was wrong. Caitlin had hugged both Jamie and Renae and then went back to stand next to Katie again who had also finished introducing herself again to Caitlin's sister and her fiancé.

"How've you girls been?" Simone asked as the five of them took a seat.

Katie looked at Caitlin and smiled. "Well I've been really good lately." Then looked back to the other three. "How are you guys? Has the wedding planning started yet?" Katie asked. The conversation continued for another 5 minutes before Katie's family had made it. Caitlin made her way through the McCabe family, reintroducing herself and having a mini catchup with each family member and then introduced her mum to Katie's parents and her sister to some of Katie's siblings. Katie obviously trailing with her, not letting go of her hand, which both mums picked up on and smiled at each other.