Chapter 2: Daddy's home

Michal

As soon as I made it into Stassie's bedroom, I realised she slept peacefully like a baby after a warm bath in winter, almost like she and I did not have an argument before bed. I decided to take a warm shower to dissipate the cold from my body. My feet were practically numb from that dive I had just taken for Tara back there. I suddenly realised I had left my shirt back with her, I would just retrieve it tomorrow anyway. I thought but I did not know if I would still be under the Duncans house by then.

As soon as the shower water ran down on my body, my feet felt alive again, i could feel them now. A rare image of Tara crept into my mind, she and I oractically had never said anything to each other till a few minutes ago, i did not mean to but i looked at her breasts. They were so round and perky but mother had taught me better.

As soon as i walked back into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around my waist, Stassie was wide awake, doing something on her cellphone. When I walked into the room, she did not even acknowledge my presence and everything that happened earlier just came flooding back to me. She did this all the time.

"So are we not going to talk about what happened?" I asked her and she did not acknowledge me,still.

"Michal, can we not do this right now?" She said and placed her phone under her pillow.

"You've been saying that all week, when do you want to decide then?"-"I'm going to sleep in the guest room, I cannot become uncomfortable in my own bedroom," she said and left the bedroom just like that.

I ran my hand through my hair and got into my pyjamas. Stassie and I had been together for the past five years and lately she and I were never on the same page. Everytime I tried to confront her about anything, she would walk away and claim I was starting unnecessary fights. It annoyed the living daylights out of me. I grabbed my cellphone and got into bed but her phone would not stop beeping under her pillow, I ignored it for the time being. I found a text from mother, asking me if I would be home for the weekend but I decides I would call her tomorrow morning. Dean had also sent me an endless array of memes that i knew i probably wouldnt get until he explained to me.

I suddenly logged into my Instagram and started viewing countless stories as a distraction. If I were home, I would have been hitting pucks on the ice rink at home but there was no ice rink near by.

I was ten stories in, through different accounts when I realised I recognized something from one of the stories. I flipped back to the story and realised it was a wet pink journal. It was a story by Tara. She had already updated her followers about the incident that had happened a few days ago. A chuckle left my mouth as I replied to her story.

She wrote

She wrote.  And I chuckled.