Chapter 15: Girlfriend

Michal

I woke up in the morning and found a text from Tara. She had also left a couple of missed calls and she was worried if I arrived home safely. I found texts from Dean and decided to view it.

Panic surged through me? Why was he asking me that? Why ask me? Did he hear rumors, were words flying around about us?

I answered.

I felt relief permeating my entire body

I felt relief permeating my entire body. For a moment I thought he was asking because of other reasons.

I felt jealousy seeping right through me, or maybe I just felt really territorial but in a way I felt like I did not deserve being like that because I made her a secret

I felt jealousy seeping right through me, or maybe I just felt really territorial but in a way I felt like I did not deserve being like that because I made her a secret. Less than she deserved.

Why was he even curious about her? I might have been jealous but one thing was certain, I felt like I did not deserve her

Why was he even curious about her? I might have been jealous but one thing was certain, I felt like I did not deserve her. She was so amazing and yet here I was hiding her and making her look like a fool. I felt like Dean would take her, not because Tara was loose or anything but at least Dean would treat her better than I was and would not even hide her.

I pulled myself out of bed and had a shower then went to play hockey with the guys. Coach would have been so proud had he found out we were always at it during break. 

During practice, Dean brought up Tara again, prodding me.

"I cannot wait to take her out. Maybe even a picnic date or I could book out one of father's golf court and make it a private date," when he said that something in me just snapped. The dude would not shut up about her.

"Why are suddenly so obsessed with her, you don't even know anything about her," I said as I slowed down on the rink and I felt the other guys slowing down to look at me. I should not have said that.

"Geez, what's up your ass?" Dean asked and I shrugged.

"Are you okay man?" Scott asked but Dean let out a derisive laugh.

"Like he would tell us. He's been so cagey lately and is far up the Duncan girls' ass,"-"Easy, guys," Ethan interrupted but I took off my helmet. I realised I had reacted without thinking and I did not want to give the guys the ammunition that I was cheating on Stassie.

"I'll start acting civilized once he tells us what's been up his ass!" Dean shouted, he has been one to not control his anger and today I just prodded.

"I just have not been feeling well lately, that's all," I said, harsher than I meant it and Dean slid out of the rink.

"Fucking hell," I heard him mutter as he walked out. Ethan and Scott fell silent and I realised I had just ruined practice so I headed out as well. As soon as I made it into my car, I knew today I just had to come clean to Stassie. This was getting out of hand.

I texted Stassie to let her know I was going to have to talk to her later. I needed to just talk it out and not stop stringing her along. I needed to just let her go.

As soon as I picked Tara up, she was wearing a white princessish dress and her hair was in a tight bun, I thought she looked adorable. She had red lipstick on and was holding a cream tote bag. We arrived to the store and bought everything we needed then left and went to park. The new falls park was hardly saturated and it felt peaceful, I needed that after everything today.

We sat there and cuddled after our pie and ginger ale lunch then spoke about the future.

"I honestly want to pursue an art career,"-"Our university has that, you should enroll there, so we could be closer," I said and she looked up at me.

"Aren't you doing your final year? "

"I am. But I'll be working and I won't be far from you," I assured her.

"I feel so understood when I am with you," I said and she chuckled.

"Why are you being sentimental?" She asked.

"Let's go stand near that tree," I said and she looked at me, concerned.

"What's wrong?" She asked as I left and stood under the tree and she followed.

"Nothing, I just want to tell you something," I said and she followed, when we arrived there she leaned back on the tree and I stood closer to her.

"We haven't been each other that long and in a few weeks I'll be leaving for third year,"when I said that she sighed. Confirming just how I was not the only one thinking about it.

"We haven't really been exclusive you and I and this right here is me determining our relationship and asking if you would love to be my girlfriend," I said and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"I don't know, let me see. You snore a lot sometimes, you eat like a pig, man. Not disney prince of you,"her humor.

Yes. Michal, I will be your girlfriend," she said and jumped into a hug and I swung her around. I cupped her face and kissed her, sealing off the moment but she suddenly pulled away with a gasp.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and realised her gaze was no longer on me but from something behind me. I turned around to follow her gaze and found a blonde young woman staring back at us.  I felt myself gasp too. This was not the way I wanted us to be found out. Kurva!