Chapter 37: My frost Bite

Tara

I spent the entire month trying to get in touch with Nitra, but all my calls went unanswered. I even sent text messages, but eventually gave up. It hurt, but I knew deep down that I probably deserved it after everything I had put Nitra and Stassie through. As I watched the snow falling onto the neighboring houses, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness.

My father had recently left the house with his new girlfriend, Olivia. I had met Olivia a few weeks ago and found her to be sweet and kind, and somehow I had warmed up to her. Olivia seemed to have a positive influence on my father, making him a different man. He was more attentive and actually listened to what I had to say, a stark contrast to his usual domineering self. It was almost comical to see him struggle to let go of his old ways and actually take my opinions into consideration.

As I headed to the kitchen to fix myself something to eat, a knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. It was Michal, my boyfriend, and I couldn't contain my excitement at seeing him.

"To see my girlfriend, duh," he joked as we made our way into the house.

"Závistivý chlapec," I teased, causing Michal to gasp in mock hurt.

We ventured out to the view we had admired before, overlooking New Falls town covered in a blanket of snow. Sitting in the car, sipping hot chocolate, we relished the moment and Michal tenderly kissed my forehead.

In that moment, I felt safe and supported. Our love was strong, and I knew we could always depend on each other. The beauty of the snow-covered town was nothing compared to the warmth and love I felt in Michal's embrace.