Chapter 18: The END???

Michal

I wondered if it was such a crime to love. Tara Larsson had literally stolen my heart and ran with it, keeping it inside a cage. No matter how many times I read the text she had sent me, I couldn't get my heart back. She had given it back, but I refused to take it. I still wanted her back, despite what had transpired yesterday at the park with Dana. Tara Larsson still had my heart and I didn't care what she did with it. She could destroy it for all I cared, but my heart was the greatest gift I wanted her to keep from me.

Dana had probably told Stassie by now, and I knew I had to face the consequences. I cared about Stassie, but she needed to know the truth- that my heart was no longer hers. I thought she would text me and call me names, but nothing came. It was just Tara's text that broke me in this very moment.

 It was just Tara's text that broke me in this very moment

She wanted us to break up. But I couldn't accept it. I had asked her to be my girlfriend, and that didn't mean she would leave as soon as our relationship hit a rough patch, even if it wasn't the best relationship ever. I knew I didn't deserve her. My sweet Tara, she deserved someone who loved her loudly and fully, but I didn't want to let her go. I made the decision to drive to her house, but as soon as I got inside my car, a text popped up on my screen. My heart skipped a beat - was it Tara? Had she changed her mind and needed me? But it was from Stassie.

Fuck me sideways! Her brother was in a coma? I let out a breath of relief

Fuck me sideways! Her brother was in a coma? I let out a breath of relief. At least Dana hadn't beaten me to it. She hadn't told Stassie about my relationship with Tara yet, and I was planning to do it myself. But how could I break the news to her when she was at her lowest? That would be like kicking someone when they're down. I slammed my hand on the steering wheel and ran my fingers through my hair. It seemed like Tara and I just couldn't catch a break.

Frustrated, I sat in my car for over an hour, just contemplating my next move. Should I wait until Stassie's brother was out of the coma to break the news? Or maybe I should find a way to support her during this tough time before dropping another bomb on her? The weight of the situation pressed on my chest, making it hard to breathe. I knew I had to tell her eventually, but the timing seemed impossible. As I sat there, lost in my thoughts, I realized that love wasn't always easy and sometimes it required difficult decisions and sacrifices. But I was willing to do whatever it took to make things right with Tara. I really loved that young woman.