Chapter 34: Better

Michal

I stepped out of the shower, the hot water failing to wash away the overwhelming guilt and sadness that consumed me. I couldn't bear the thought of hurting Stassie, i really had to end it with her for real and tell her the whole truth, And the worst part was knowing that Tara, with her warm aura and pure heart, deserved so much more than what I could offer her in our current situation. She deserved so much better.

As I lay in bed, thoughts of Tara haunted me. I hated the fact that her first relationship had to be with someone who couldn't give her everything she deserved. She was too good for me, too pure, and I felt like I was failing her every step of the way.

I reached for my phone, fingers trembling as I typed out a reassuring message to Tara. But as I scrolled through our last interactions, my heart clenched at the memory of her excitement about coming to town to see my first match. The way her eyes lit up at the thought of supporting me, of being by my side. I missed her more than words could express in that moment.

I took a deep breath, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks. I loved this girl, with every fiber of my being, and I couldn't bear the thought of letting her go. I knew I had to wait for the dust to settle, to figure out a way to make things right, to be the person she deserved.

And so, with a heavy heart but a newfound determination, I made a silent promise to myself that I would do whatever it took to make things right with Tara. She was worth fighting for, worth waiting for, and I would do everything in my power to show her just how much she meant to me. I sent her a text of reassurance just so she would not forget how much I loved her. How much I cared.