Chapter 13: Dana's 21st

Tara

I spent the entire week being productive in my drawing, thinking that maybe if I got admitted into art school, this Frost and Ice piece would be something I would submit. It's a reflection of how I felt when I was with Michal on that ice rink. I spent the whole week with Michal, and he even slept over at my house, leaving at 4 am in the morning. I feel like he treats me like a princess and I love it. He even bought me Lego flowers, which I keep on my desk. He said he bought plastic flowers to represent his undying love for me. His love for me will never die, it will always be there, and those flowers are a physical representation of that.

Friday arrived, and I stood before my mirror wearing a pink short dress that was super tight, paired with platform heels. My red hair was styled into curls as I requested an Uber to drive me to Dana's 21st party.

Michal

I wondered how I would bring myself to tell Stassie that it was over in a way that she would understand. I planned to do it after the party in a week following her weekly YouTube vlog video. At the party, Dean, Ethan, and I arrived together, talking about hockey and eagerly awaiting the upcoming season once we got back to campus. We stood together outside Dana's house in the backyard near the pool, chatting over drinks.

I noticed a group of guys whistling at someone walking in, and Dean chimed in, commenting on her attractiveness.

"Now that's a hottie right there," he added.

It was Tara in a stunning pink short dress. I thought to myself, "My baby looks like a princess." I felt a pang of jealousy as the guys continued to talk about her.

I felt uncomfortable as Stassie and I took pictures together at the photobooth, but I tried to play it cool for the sake of the party. We also took group pictures with the birthday girl, Dana, and there were a few shots where it was just Tara and me. Tara looked stunning as always, and being next to her made me feel a rush of excitement.

Sitting at the dinner table, the atmosphere was intimate with Dana's pictures as part of the decor. Dana looked stunning in her pink layered tulle dress, her blonde hair styled in curls with Scott by her side, obviously.

Tara and I were sitting next to each other, our relationship a secret known only to us.  Dean, he made a playful comment to Scott, "You guys should make babies after this."

The others at the table laughed, with Ethan jokingly remarking, "It's not a wedding, you dork, it's a 21st birthday party." Dean rolled his eyes and added, "Potato, potata."

Stassie chuckled at Dean's comment and said, her words slurred from alcohol, "Don't worry, Michal and I will be the ones making the babies. As a matter of fact, we were at it last night."

My heart sank at her words. I couldn't understand why she would say something so untrue, especially since she and I had been distant for a week. Besides, I had spent that week with Tara, building a stronger bond between us. I could see the hurt in Tara's eyes, and I knew I needed to clear things up with her.

The conversation at the table had taken an uncomfortable turn, with Stassie trying to create drama that didn't even exist. I felt a mix of anger and confusion towards Stassie. I didn't recognize the person she was becoming, and her lies were causing unnecessary tension and hurt to Tara. I hated seeing her so beaten up.

After everyone finished up the dinner, they spread out and I excused myself from the table, I made a mental note to have a serious conversation with Stassie about her inappropriate behavior. But my priority was Tara, and I needed to assure her of my love and loyalty, despite Stassie's deceitful words. Tara deserved to know the truth and feel secure in our relationship. I couldn't let Stassie's misrepresentation of our history tarnish what Tara and I had built together.

I found Tara in the bathroom, her eyes flashing with anger and hurt.

"Well is it true?" She asked as I closed the door.

I held her gaze, my voice calm but firm as I reassured her that it wasn't true. I tenderly cupped her face in my hands, but she pulled away, crossing her arms on her chest.

"No. It's not, she and I have not even speaking for a while now,"-"Then why would she lie about that?" She cut me through.

"I don't know, I don't know why she does what she does. She made it all up. I was with you all night and you know that " I said and she shrugged.

"I know but you and I have not even started having sex yet and you being with her....I guess it makes me feel some type of way,"  she said and i cupped her face again, feeling the warmth of her skin against my palms, and I promised her that she had nothing to worry about.

I could sense Tara's jealousy bubbling beneath the surface, but there was something more in her eyes – a raw desire that mirrored my own. The tension between us crackled like electricity in the air, and in that moment, we both knew that we were meant to be together.

And then, without warning, our lips collided in a passionate kiss that sent sparks flying. Tara's soft moan of pleasure drove me wild, igniting a fire within me that matched the heat building between us. Our bodies moved in sync, as if drawn together by an irresistible magnetic pull.

The intensity of our embrace escalated quickly, fueled by a primal need to connect on a deeper level. I could feel Tara's arousal matching my own, her hands roaming over my body with a hunger that mirrored my own. In that moment, it was just the two of us, lost in a world of desire and longing.

But as much as we wanted to give in to our passion, we both knew that we had to return to the party. Reluctantly, we pulled away from each other, our chests rising and falling with the shared urgency of our desire. Tara brushed her lips against my cheek, leaving a trail of soft, lingering kisses that only served to fuel the fire burning between us.

I agreed with a nod, needing a moment to compose myself before rejoining the others. As Tara left the bathroom, I leaned against the sink, taking a deep breath to steady my racing heart. The connection Tara and I shared was electric, intense, and undeniably real and and I couldn't wait to show her just how much she meant to me.