Chapter 29: Michal

Hi readers.

I have been super busy with a book project that I will be publishing on Amazon In November 2024 so i had temporarily abandoned this project but I promise to update daily again. Also there's going to be a much longer chapter after this one.

The Project I am working on is a fantasy book which I will call Project ABOF at the moment. It is a New Adult fantasy book/Urban Fantasy book with human-dragons, hunters and faes. It is like The Vampire Diaries but without the vampires and werewolves but with dragonborns (human and dragon mixed breed), hunters and faes instead. Or If Teen Wolf had dragons, faes and hunters instead of Werewolves, chimeras and Kanimas.

It has a romance subplot which actually drives the whole story. I eill be providing more information about that story later here on wattpad.

Tara

I went home and greeted my father before going upstairs. But as I made my way, he called me back for a chat. He was watching hockey, like always, and suggested I do something online since I was now at home.

That's when I couldn't hold it in any longer. "I don't like teaching, I don't like medicine, never have. I've always liked art, and one of the main reasons I didn't apply was that I want to do art. I want to be an artist. I can do so much in this day and age with it," I poured my heart out to my father.

He was shocked, not only by my outburst but also by the realization of how he had been neglecting my wishes and pushing his own expectations onto me. I continued to express my frustrations, revealing how I had always felt scared and had tiptoed around him due to his unpredictable nature. But I had had enough.

"All my life, I've been scared, tiptoeing around you because you were unpredictable. It stops here. I'm tired," I declared, storming off to my bedroom, slamming the door shut and locking it behind me. In a burst of anger and defiance, I grabbed a large canvas and began to paint, channeling my emotions onto the blank surface until I felt a sense of release and calm wash over me.

As I painted, I received a text from Michal, asking me to come visit him again next weekend. In response, I retorted, "Not to your dorm, I'd rather faint." Michal understood my need for space and suggested we book into a different place for the weekend, to which I agreed.

I stood my ground, finally vocalizing my true desires and asserting my independence. The act of painting my anger out served as a cathartic release, allowing me to find peace within myself. And with Michal's support and understanding, I began to envision a future where I could pursue my passion for art without reservations. Even if father resented me for it.