🏳️‍🌈Losing Him(1/2)🏳️‍🌈

(Some camper gets a quest to The underworld. Nico is unwilling dragged along only for him to be the one who doesn't come back. For some reason, Will is...fine?⚠️Mild angst at times⚠️)

~Will POV~

"Hide me!" Nico told me, practically tackling me.

"What's the matter, Neeks?" I asked.

"Chiron is trying to send me on a quest to The underworld." He said.

"You go to The underworld all the time." I noted.

"This time it's different, I'm escorting a couple campers and I have terrible feeling something's going to happen." He said. "Some really bad."

I placed my hand on his cheek. My boyfriend scrunched his nose at being touched but leaning into my hand and placing his own atop mine. I pecked his lips.

"You can hide here, Death boy." I said. "Just don't distract me, okay?"

"You're a lifesaver, Amore..." He said.

I smiled at him.

{A Few Hours Later}

Nico hid under the desk in the head medic's, my, office in the infirmary. I felt something on my leg and looked down. My boyfriend had his chin on my knee and arms around my calf. He looked at me with a silly and sweet grin. I chuckled.

Someone knocked on the door then Chiron stepped in.

"Is Nico Di Angelo here?" He asked.

"No. I'm working, why would he be here?" I lied.

He gave me a skeptical look.

"He's being dramatic and hiding from me." He said. "I asked him to do a simple task and he claims bad things will happen if he goes."

"Aren't his bad feelings usually right?" I asked. "Don't send him."

"That's exactly what Mr. D told me." He shook his head. "I don't have a choice. The questing group needs an escort."

Nico squeezed my leg and I had to stop myself from looking down.

"Nico told me he was going to Camp Jupiter earlier." I lied. "Maybe Iris message Hazel?"

Chiron sighed and nodded. He left and I looked down at Nico.

"Thank you." He said.

I reached down, combing his hair with my fingers. He kissed my knee then laid his head on my leg.

"You're like a clingy cat." I teased.

"Only because I love you." He said.

I ruffled his hair.

"You're a weirdo, Death boy." I said.

"And you chose to date me. You're no less of a weirdo than me." He said.

Someone cleared their throat. I looked up and froze.

"Care to explain who you're talking to?" Chiron asked.

{The Following Dawn}

Nico hugged me.

"Will...I'm scared." He mumbled.

I held him as tight as I could.

"Maybe you're just paranoid?" I suggested unconvincingly. "Just stay positive and...and..."