Mistdale Originals

It was the first day of December. The streets of Mistdale were wrapped in festive holiday cheer. There were wreaths on lampposts and on store windows. The jingle of sleighbells chimed in the town, in hopes of joy during the holiday season. The holiday choir sung carols of old times, from Deck the Halls to O Christmas Tree to O Come All Ye Faithful, sending positive and heartwarming emotion through the town. Emily was in her room, trying to piece together the Sara Sanchez situation. Gloria came in to tell her something.

"Emily, don't forget that tomorrow is the Mistdale Originals Human Pageant!" Emily gasped, as she had never heard of such a thing.

"Mistdale Originals Human Pageant?" Emily wondered what Gloria was talking about.

"Don't you know?" Gloria replied. "It's the most magical time of the year, rivaling Christmas which occurs on the same month." She pulled out a magazine photo of her when she was young, appearing beautiful in a purple dress and tiara.

"That's you!" Emily was shocked in awe but felt amazed that her auntie was a former beauty queen.

"I was 24 when I won the pageant, which was the same year I moved from the old country to America, which was the same year than Hugo Chavez rose to power." Gloria explained.

"Wow, that explains a lot!" Emily added. "Maybe I could follow in your footsteps and win the Mistdale Originals pageant!"

"The best part is that the grand prize is three million dollars, a new car, your photo on Marmot Weekly, which is our community magazine, and a first-class plane ticket to the location of your choice!" Emily was so excited to be a part of an amazing legacy.

"Where do I sign up?" Emily wanted to know where she could sign up, whether online or in person.

"Just log onto this web address I have written on the back of this envelope." Gloria handed Emily an envelope. Emily went onto her computer to type in the address and fill out the registration form. When she clicked Submit, she was all set to go.

"I suppose I could wear the same yellow dress I wore to the Thanksgiving Ball." Emily mentioned.

"Sure!" Emily went to her closet and got her yellow dress and heels ready. She also put on yellow opera gloves to add to the elegant look. She showed Gloria her wearing the dress.

"How do I look?" Emily asked.

"You look amazing!" Gloria was so proud of her niece. "I feel so glad to have a niece who will become Mistdale's honorary queen."

The event was held at Mistdale High School's auditorium. There were TV Cameras pointed at the stage, showing that the event was to be broadcast on local TV. The contestants arrived, Emily, Al, Katie, Jalen, Shalom, and Sara. Al wore a green tuxedo, Katie wore a blue dress, Jalen wore a red tuxedo, Shalom wore a purple dress, and Sara wore a maroon dress.

"So, it seems the gang's all here." Sara remarked in a snarky manner. "I am going to enjoy watching all of you lose."

"As if!" Emily replied angrily. Melanie started off the event, taking the stage.

"Welcome to the Mistdale Originals Human Pageant, I am your host, Melanie Ivanov!" The audience clapped. "We will now turn you to our judges, for the first judge is a rapper of Mistdale origin who came all this way from LA, please welcome Cottonmouth!" Cottonmouth waved her hands. "The next judge is the lead singer of Paranormal who is also from Mistdale, please welcome Gerald Langley!" Gerald waved to the crowd. "The third and final judge is part of the female rap group that Cottonmouth was a part of called Snake Venom. They were big in the late 90s and early 2000s but disbanded in 2008, going their own separate ways. Here is the second member, it's Diamondback!" Diamondback was the same woman who got a jackpot on the Taylor Swift slot machine at the Five Arrows.