Thank You and Goodnight!

Emily, Al, and Katie were sitting at a table in Lugosi Park, located in southern Mistdale where the Fall Harvest Concert would take place. Emily was dressed in a purple blazer suit with a pink shirt, while Al was dressed in a dark green suit and a dark green fedora. Katie was dressed in a brown leather jacket with a long-sleeved white shirt and jeans. All three were gathered at a table, eating hot dogs and fries, bonding with each other.

"Emily, you look very snazzy all dressed in purple!" Al complimented Emily.

"Thanks!" Emily replied. She blushed. "I love purple, because it was my mom's favorite color, so I got it from her, and my mom got it from her para-social relationship with George Harrison."

"Your mom knew George Harrison?" Katie gasped, spitting her blue Powerade.

"She told me stories of when the Beatles came to perform in the park in her hometown of Chupacabra, Venezuela. They performed in Esmeralda Park, which had an amphitheater large enough to host a mainstream band like the Beatles." The three friends looked at the stage, hearing the crowd cheering when the purple curtains opened, revealing the Fall Harvest concert logo, an orange jack o-lantern over two crossed scythes. Maria Reynolds stood on the stage and took the mic.

"Are you ready have some fun, Mistdale!" She announced. The crowd cheered.

"I sure am, for I have a special Halloween treat to fill your treat bag, and it's safe for all you with wheat and dairy allergies." She continued with a joke. "It's a song that I wrote in 2003 when the Iraq War started, and since I wrote it in October, I themed it to Halloween. Well with all that in mind, here's Going on by yours truly, Maria Reynolds!" The band members began to play the opening chords before Maria could start singing.

Blood and horror, guts and gore

Don't mean a thing much anymore.

Ghouls and bats and zombies

Don't mean a thing with friends dying overseas.

If I could wish on a genie's lamp

I would bring my friends back from the camp.

When you find me here singing this song

Then you know about what's going on (What's Going On).

Maria continued her song for the other verses. When she finished, she saw Aaron backstage.

"Maria, that was amazing." Aaron congratulated Maria. "Nice use of the Marvin Gaye sample, he would be proud."

"Thank you very much." Maria said, patting Aaron on the shoulder. "Marvin Gaye's song was about the Vietnam War, so I repurposed the sample for the Iraq War, another unpopular American war." The next act was about to begin. Aaron took the stage to introduce the next act.

"The next act is performing Zombieman, the latest single of his hit album The Tell-Tale Heart, here he is, Gerald Langley and Paranormal!" Gerald took the stage, wearing a dark purple suit with a lime green shirt. He even dyed part of his long black hair toxic waste green.

"All right, Little Green Ghouls, you ready to rock this party!" The crowd cheered.

"Brilliant, because here we go!" The female drummer with pink half shaved hair and black lipstick started playing a drumbeat. The male guitarist with half black half purple hair, and half of his face painted like a skull started playing a guitar riff. Gerald began to sing.

Here I go.

Here I go.

Here I go.