Chapter 39 - Brave Hearts

- Becky's POV -

"Chiang Mai.."

"What's in Chiang Mai, Bec?" Freen curiously asked me as she gave me a quick glance then back on the road when I said we're going to Chiang Mai.

"Its a place close to your heart, baby." I replied smiling at her.

"My hometown?" She softly asked, I noticed she muttered 'Chiang Mai' again so I figured to give her some background about it.

"Yes and your uncle Tom is there. Maybe you want to meet him?" I replied looking at her for any reaction.

"Of course, I want to meet him. Does he think that I'm dead too?"

"Everybody does, baby." I replied to her and she just nodded.

"Are my parents in Chiang Mai too?" Freen asked as she parked the car.

"Yes."

"Can I see them first?"

"Of course, of course.. That's always your first stop whenever you go back there." I replied smiling at her as we reached the parking's elevator.

Freen held my hand and there's this comfortable silence as we waited for the elevator to stop on our flat's floor. Once inside the flat, we stood face to face with each other and there's this playful eye contact between us and Freen smirked at me.

"What?" I playfully asked giving her my sweet smile.

"Nothing." She replied.

"There's no such thing as nothing, what's going on inside that beautiful head of yours?" I asked again as I run my hands to her shoulders down to her chest and stayed there to feel her beating heart. Then she placed her hands on top of mine that was resting on her chest and placed a kiss on my temple. Such a sweet moment..

"I'm just happy.. For finding you again.. I know I've told you that before but so many things happened and yet here I am.. Back to you.." She replied.

"Me too, Freen. To be honest, it hasn't sinked in yet." I said and she just looked at me with her eyes speaking a thousand words that we both understood without uttering anything.

"Hmm.. How about we talk about it while we're in Chiang Mai, but right now I'll cook us some dinner and you go pack our bags and book us some tickets? Then you get to choose which clothes I'll wear." Freen sweetly replied which made me smile from ear to ear.

"Really? I would love that! Alright." I simply replied and held her nape to give her a soft kiss and hurriedly went inside to our room before Freen changes her mind.

Freen cooked us a simple dinner and set up the dining table while I bought our tickets and prepared our weekend bags in our room. Letting me choose which clothes she would wear during our stay there, of course I did packed some dri-fit and swimwear for her to wear because I want to take her back to the places where she had took me before. And maybe, it may also help her remember. Besides, we got a lot of free time and I wanted to make up for all the lost time.

While Freen was fast asleep last night, I carefully sneaked out of our bedroom and phoned Uncle Tom. Of course, the revelation of Freen being alive was a huge news to him and he was really excited to see her. I asked him a favor to bring Freen's car to the airport just like what he always does before and he immediately agreed to my request. I went back to hugging Freen after that phone call and drifted off to sleep too.

We woke up early and prepared for our departure to the airport. I let Freen wore a white shirt with a bunny print partnered by a blue jeans and a white sneakers and a black cap. Damn, she's so handsome. While on the other hand, I wore matching clothes with her but a black shirt, white cap and black sneakers. :3