𝖈𝖍. 𝖛𝖎 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎 ; floating like a feather on the sea.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER SIX; PART ONE.

' Well, don't get too sentimental on us now, you're gonna make the van cry'

FLOATING LIKE A FEATHER ON A SEA.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

home - cavetown

I'll cut my hair,

To make you stare,

I'll hide my chest,

And I'll figure out a way to get us out of here.

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

3RD PERSON POV

As the morning sun cast its golden rays over the sleepy town of Outer Banks, Laia Routledge found herself stationed in front of the detention center. Passing by the battered exterior of the Twinkie, she poised for the perfect surprise. She had a grin stretched across her face wider than the van's rusty bumper, anticipation bubbling in her chest like a shaken soda can.

With a quick glance at her phone, Laia checked the time, tapping her foot impatiently. "Come on, John B, I've got big plans for us now that you're free from the clutches of the law."

As the minutes ticked by, the anticipation grew thicker than the morning fog rolling in off the coast. The morning sun peeked over the horizon, and she loitered outside the detention center, anticipation bubbling in her veins. With a mischievous glint in her eye, she positioned herself behind a wall, ready to pounce on her newly liberated cousin.

From her hiding spot, she caught sight of John B's hulking form emerging from the building, flanked by a burly officer. A grin tugged at Laia's lips as she noticed her cousin discreetly wiping his eyes. She couldn't help but chuckle, her own tears threatening to cloud her vision.