𝖈𝖍. 𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎 ; what you'd give and what you'd take for it.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER EIGHT; PART ONE.

' Impressive foresight, old lady. Are you moonlighting as a fortune teller now?'

WHAT YOU'D GIVE AND WHAT YOU'D TAKE FOR IT.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

midsummer madness - joji

All these blurry nights feel the same to me,

Heart full of hate, no vacancy,

Only one you gonna blame when it's over,

Can't look me in my eyes when you sober.

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

3RD PERSON'S POV

The dark blonde Routledge girl wasted no time, her heart pounding with adrenaline as she navigated the familiar path. Dawn's symphony surrounded her—the chirping of crickets, the whisper of leaves in the breeze—as she hastened towards the barrier dividing the Cameron and Hawill domains.

Just as she reached the wall, poised to ascend with practiced agility, a strong arm encircled her waist, pulling her back.

"You're going back to your pogues, huh?" Rafe's voice, laced with frustration, whispered in her ear.

"I am a pogue." Laia hissed in annoyance as she reacted swiftly, instinctively fighting off Rafe's grasp. She twisted and turned, determined to break free from his hold. "Let go of me, Rafe!"

"You're not going anywhere." Rafe insisted through gritted teeth, his hold on her tightening.

Their struggle intensified, and the early morning silence was shattered by their wrestling. With a final, desperate effort, Laia managed to wriggle free for a brief moment. But before she could make a move, Rafe seized her again, dragging her back towards the house with resolute firmness.