Chapter 3

The plane landed finally on Regal Eclipse pack lands and Matt stood, looking at her. "Ready?"

She sighed. "No."

Matt walked up to her and touched her cheek, gently. She looked up at him and gave him a small smile. He kissed her forehead.

She stared up at him for a moment, then wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her tightly. "Let's go."

He grabbed their bags and followed her off the plane. She hurried in front of him across the tarmac and threw her arms around her grandfather, Mitch, and his new mate, Lucy.

"Welcome home!" Mitch exclaimed, hugging her tight before his gaze settled on Matt and he opened his arms.

Matt hugged him with a smile. "Good to be back."

Mitch had been a constant in his life even though they weren't related. He had been human most of his life and had chosen to become a werewolf a little over twenty years ago. He'd just found his mate, Lucy last fall, a human whose grand daughter had a werewolf mate as well. Lucy had become a werewolf at Christmas. The two were busy spoiling Mitch's grandkids.

They all piled into the SUV to begin the short trip back to the pack house.

"How is everything?" Aria asked.

"Chaotic," Lucy laughed.

"That's an understatement," Mitch agreed. "Between the twins, Talia's pup, Risa's pup and Charity's new pup, we're all keeping pretty busy."

"Charity had her pup too?" Aria asked in surprise.

"Three days ago," he confirmed.

"Wow," she muttered.

"Who's running things?" Matt asked, always interested in pack business.

"Elijah and Nick are mostly," Mitch told him. "The rest of us are all on pup duty. Though frankly Liam and Finn have been a huge help as well to them."

Matt smiled. That wasn't surprising. He knew Liam and Finn were both Alphas themselves. They would have been running their own pack soon if it hadn't been wiped out. Fortunately they'd been away at school when their pack had been attacked. But their pack was gone, and the twins now lived at Regal Eclipse.

Regal Eclipse pretty much ran itself; everything was so streamlined. They were probably having a more chaotic time with the pups than anything else. He knew for a fact everything had been fairly quiet in the werewolf community after all the chaos of last fall. His father had kept him updated on it all, though it was quiet.

Five Alphas had all died last fall within less than a month. Two had been executed and three had died in battle. It had resulted in new leadership needing to be installed in those packs and Regal Eclipse always helped with that. Matt had been a bit envious that he was still in school and unable to be fully involved.

"Also, Cora is due to give birth in the next month as well," Lucy spoke up.

Which would take Elijah out of the game. The men would step back to focus on their families and be at their mate's beck and call, while the next generation would step up to help where needed.

They pulled up to the pack house and all piled out, then headed inside. Matt followed them on the elevator, then parted ways with Aria, Mitch and Lucy once they were on their floor.

He headed down the hall towards his parent's apartment and stopped. He technically didn't live there anymore, though he honestly wasn't sure where he was living now. He'd spoken quite a bit to Ragnar and Talia about moving out, especially since his  mother had just delivered another pup, and their family had expanded to seven total. It made sense for him to move, given that he was twenty-three now. Astrid had never lived with them, and he was the next to move out.