Chapter 41

Abby opened her eyes a few hours later, and stretched slowly. Matt still had his arm around her and was asleep. She lay looking at him quietly, studying his handsome face.

His face was relaxed in sleep, his breathing steady. The blankets were pulled to midway up his abs, and she looked them over quietly.

She'd seen very few men in her life and always from a distance. Liam had been the closest she'd ever gotten to a man, and even then, she'd been in another room, listening to him talk to Marcie.

She'd watch the men sometimes out the window of her room, being careful not to get caught. They were interesting, a mystery to her. She'd seen men on TV, but never undressed.

Now there were only a handful of men she'd really been around, and she didn't even know all of their names. Matt, Liam and Finn the most, and they would be the most important to her. Daniel, the Alpha, who had been much kinder than she'd expected. Matt's father, who's name she couldn't remember, and who had made her nervous. Then the two men on the plane, Nick who had seemed almost like the leader of them all, and the other one who's name she couldn't remember. He'd had an odd smell to him.

Seven men, who were all very different, and very good looking she realized. Not that she was interested in any of them. She was only drawn to the one she was cuddled up against right now.

She imagined there were more men in the pack. She knew there had been many in her own. But none had attracted her the way Matt did.

She knew eventually she was going to have to leave the safety of his apartment too, something she wasn't looking forward to. And probably tonight for dinner. Matt had brought her breakfast and lunch. Delicious food that was the best she'd ever had. Whoever cooked here was amazing at it.

She made up her mind that tonight would be the night that she would go to the dining hall with him. She'd make herself go. She had to get over her nervousness.

'Once you go the first time, you'll know what to expect,' Sage said.

Sage had more confidence than she did. 'You think so?'

'Yes. Mate will be there along with brothers. We will be fine,' Sage said.

She hoped so.

'Mate will not put us in a dangerous situation,' Safe said.

She knew that was true. She couldn't even dream of hurting Matt. She was having a hard time even thinking about marking him. She still didn't like the idea of sinking her canines into his neck. As if on their own, her canines popped out. She ran her teeth over them. She'd gotten used to them being out when she'd lived as a wolf.

She found herself wondering about Matt's wolf. He'd have one, like her, have a name. She wanted to know about him.

Matt's arm around her tightened slightly, and she looked up at him. He was starting to wake up.

"Hi," he said softly.

"Hi." She smiled at him as she looked him over. She liked his eyes, she realized. They were a clear blue, reminding her of the sky.

He stretched a bit, then relaxed. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not very long," she said. "Matt, can you tell me about your wolf?"

"Well, his name is Caspian and he's red and white. He wants to meet you one day soon. He also wants to meet Sage very much," Matt told her.

She smiled at that.

'Tell Mate I am excited to meet his wolf too,' Sage said.

"Sage says she is excited to meet Caspian too," Abby said.