Chapter 37

Abby was enjoying her time with Astrid and Liam. Finn had found out she was visiting them and had come down with Emily to see her as well. She found that she really liked them both. They'd kept the conversation light and she was very relaxed, though she was missing Matt and hoped everything was okay with him.

Astrid suddenly stopped talking and frowned. She looked right at Abby. "Matt's coming back up here and Daniel, the Alpha, is coming with him to meet you."

She swallowed suddenly feeling extremely nervous. She felt Finn take her hand in his and she glanced at him.

"It's fine, Abby. You've got us all here, and Matt will be here," Finn reassured her.

"Do you want me to tell him not to come?" Astrid asked in concern.

Yes! she wanted to scream, but she knew she had to meet him sooner or later and she needed to get it over with. This was definitely out of her comfort zone. Far out of it. "No. I know I need to do this."

Astrid nodded and smiled at her. "It'll be fine. I promise."

A knock sounded at the door, and Astrid stood from her seat next to Abby and went to open it.

Abby gripped Finn's hand even tighter as she stared at the door. Matt walked in first followed by a man. She looked him over quickly, before her gaze darted to the others who were all smiling at him. She dropped her gaze quickly. He was very beautiful with brown hair and blue eyes. His shoulders were broad and he looked much younger than she'd expected. She could feel his gaze on her, but she couldn't look back at him. She was afraid to.

Sage was curious about him though, and her wolf was standing in her mind, her tail swaying back and forth.

To Abby's surprise, he sat down on the couch next to her, in the seat Astrid had vacated. Finn let go of her hand and got up so Matt could sit down on her other side. He immediately took her hand in his own. She felt herself relax some but she was still afraid to look at the man sitting on the other side of her. The Alpha.

"Hi Abby," he said softly. "I'm Daniel and unfortunately I have the title of Alpha."

She smiled at his words. Matt must have told him how nervous she was about meeting him.

"I'm excited that Matt's found his mate and I want to welcome you to the pack. Eventually I'd like to make you a member, but we'll have to have a small ceremony for that. When you are ready." He kept his voice soft, which made her a bit less nervous. She thought his voice would be loud and forceful. She had him so built up in her own mind as an older loud man who would make her grovel under his feet. But he was none of those things

She finally looked at him, and he gave her a reassuring smile. He actually seemed nice, and she found herself wondering why she'd been so nervous. The title, she supposed. But he was smiling at her, and he actually seemed calm and relaxed and he looked a bit tired, she thought. "Thank you."

His smile got a bit bigger. "Matt told me that you, Liam and Finn are triplets?"

She nodded, her gaze darting to her brothers who were both giving her reassuring smiles.

"I have twin sons. You want to see them?"

The next thing she knew, she was sitting very close to him, looking through all of the photos on his phone of his adorable twins pups. He showed her his older son too, and she saw pictures of Noelle, Aria and his mate, Jenna. "They look a lot alike."

"Yeah, they could almost pass for sisters. You've met Noelle and Aria, right?" He asked her.

"Yes, though I didn't say much. I'd never been on a plane before," she said with a smile.