Chapter 30

She shut the door.  She couldn't do it.  It would hurt Matt, and she was much happier here than she'd been living as a wolf.  Leaving, she realized, would be completely devastating for her, and for those she was beginning to care for.  

She took a deep breath and walked over and opened the door back to the hallway before she could talk herself out of it.

Different scents greeted her this time. She could still smell Astrid and Liam and of course, Matt's scent called to her like always. But there were also two new scents, one of which was similar to Liam's and peaked both hers and Sage's interest.

She walked slowly down the hallway and stopped when she came to the living room, looking around. The conversation had stopped and they were all looking at her now. Not that she was paying attention to that. Instead, her gaze was on the new man who had come in. The one who looked so much like Liam.

He stood and moved closer to her, stopping a few feet away. Liam stepped up next to him, and she looked them both over. They did look so much alike. They both had brown hair, and hazel eyes, both like her own. They both were tall, and had broad chests and heavy muscles. They were also both very beautiful men. And they were both staring at her.

She wasn't bothered by it. Not anymore, she realized. She was drawn to both of them. Not like she was Matt though. It was different. But she realized these two would never hurt her either. They would always protect her, too. Just like Matt.

"Holy cannoli," Finn muttered. "You were right."

"I know," Liam said with a smile. "Abby, this is Finn. Astrid told us everything. We had absolutely no idea about you either."

"You look so much like our mother," Finn said quietly, his gaze never leaving her face.

"I do?" She whispered. She supposed she did. She'd seen her own reflection and thinking back to her mother, there was a resemblance.

"Yeah you do," Liam agreed softly.

She could feel the tears coming again and she dropped her gaze. Then she suddenly found herself between the two of them and being hugged. But the moment they touched, she felt the instant connection to them. She knew it was true.

"You feel that?" Finn asked softly.

"Yup," Liam said.

"I did too," Abby said quietly.

"What are you feeling?" Astrid asked.

"The connection. As soon as we touched. There's no doubt in my mind she's our sister," Finn said. "I feel it exactly like I do with Liam."

Liam nodded. "Yeah. The bond is there. Just like with Finn." He looked back at Abby. "You're just prettier than Finn."

Finn glared at him. "I resent that."

Abby giggled, and they both looked at her, smiles on their faces.

"It's nice to finally meet you," Finn said softly. "At some point, we're going to talk about all of this, but I think you're already overwhelmed." He brushed her hair back.

She sighed and nodded. "This has all been so overwhelming."

"Well, I'll at least introduce you to my mate." He held a hand out to Emily, who walked over to him. "This is Emily. Em, my sister. That's going to take some getting used to."

Emily smiled at her. "Nice to meet you, Abby."

Abby smiled back, recognizing her from the photo in the bedroom. Her eyes darted over to Matt. He was standing off to the side, his arms across his chest, watching everything. He met her gaze and smiled at her.

"Well, we'll get out of here," Finn said. "I'm just glad you're going to be living here so I can get to know you." He hugged her again and Abby relaxed in his embrace. "Is she joining the pack?"

"I'd imagine so, but I haven't talked to Daniel at all. I'm sure he's aware though," Matt said.

"Just take care of my sister or you and I will have it out in the gym," Finn warned him.

Abby frowned but Matt smiled. "So I can kick your ass?"

"Yes!" Finn said as he left the apartment, his arm wrapped around Emily.

Matt stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah," she said.

He led her over to the table and Astrid brought her warmed plate over. "We went down and got us all food while Astrid was talking to you."

"Thank you." She looked down at the meal and her mouth watered. She was starving.

Matt sat at the table with her while she ate. Liam sat on the couch, Astrid curled up beside him. She could feel Liam's eyes on her, but it didn't bother her at all now. She half listened to their conversation, but she had no idea what they were talking about. Her mind kept wandering off, trying to still comprehend everything that had happened over the last two days.

Finally, when she was done eating, Matt spoke up. "We're going to head back. I think we both need to just relax and not talk about anything else."

Abby stood, happy to hear it. She just wanted to be alone with Matt and not think about anything. Liam and Astrid both hugged her, and Astrid handed her the book she'd given her earlier. "Don't forget this."

"Thank you. For everything," she said.

Astrid touched her cheek and watched them leave. She turned back to Liam and wrapped her arms around him. "You okay?"

"Yeah. But I'm kind of pissed at both of my parents now," he said, wrapping his arms around her.

"Do you think your dad knew?"

"No. He had no idea, though I don't know how my mom managed to hide from him the fact that she'd given birth to triplets," Liam said quietly. "I wish my mom would've at least told me."

"Well, you have many lifetimes to get to know her now," Astrid said softly.

"Yeah, but I can't imagine how her life was growing up. Not having a mother," Liam muttered.

"She had Marcie," Astrid pointed out.

"The woman who didn't even tell her what pack she was in? I'll admit I'm glad you had the sex talk with Matt before you told me she's my sister," Liam said, annoyed.

"I think it's hilarious that Finn has slept with so many women and his sister doesn't even know what a penis is. Perhaps we should let him explain sex to her," Astrid giggled.

Liam laughed. "Absolutely not. She'd never want to try it. I know how Finn really is, and he can be very protective of those he loves. But you can educate me on how to have sex, Professor." He kissed her neck and nipped at her marking spot.

"Mmm now that's an idea," she purred, meeting his lips.