Chapter 20

She stepped inside and knew it was his room. His intoxicating scent filled the air, and she realized it was her favorite room in the house. She looked around it slowly, taking in the large bed, and comfortable looking furniture. This was where she would spend all of her time, if she was allowed.

Matt turned to her, taking her hand. "Abigail.."

"Abby," she told him. She knew her name was a bit of a mouthful, and Marcie had always called her Abby.

She watched him smile. "Abby. I'm giving you a choice on what you want to do. I know we're mates, but I don't want to rush you into anything you're not ready for. You can either share my room or you can take the other room if you want. It's totally up to you."

She looked at him in surprise. "You'd share your room with me?"

A puzzled look came over his face for a moment and then he smiled. "Yes, I'd share my room with you. But only of you're okay with that. I won't touch you until you're ready."

She wasn't sure what he meant by that. He was touching her now, wasn't he? But she did want to stay with him. She felt much safer with him than she did away from him, and the thought of staying in the other room while he was here didn't sit well with her. "I want to stay here, with you. If that's okay."

"It's definitely okay. Let me show you over here." He pulled her over to two more doors and opened one. "My closet."

She followed him inside and looked around in shock. It was the biggest closet she'd ever seen. His scent was very strong in here as well.

He led her to another door and opened it. "This is the bathroom."

She followed him inside and her eyes widened at the size. "Wow," she said softly.

"Much better than the hospital," he said.

Much better than the bathroom at Marcie's. She looked at the tub. She wouldn't mind relaxing in it with some bubbles. It was something she got to do if she was good when she was younger. This tub was much bigger than Marcie's.

Matt took her to another door that led back out to the bedroom. He flipped on a lamp near the bed. "It's getting late. You ready to go to bed?"

"Okay." She was tired. "I don't know why I'm so tired. I slept a lot."

"It's all the healing you did today, and I'm sure everything else. I'm going to change clothes, and find you something to wear," he told her. He disappeared back into his closet.

Abby sat down on the bed. So this would be her home. With Matt. She liked Matt and realized she didn't mind this. She could be happy here with him. It was much better than living out in the woods. She hoped to never have to do that again.

He walked out a few moments later in sweats and a T-shirt and handed another T-shirt to her. "You can sleep in this."

She held it up to her face, breathing in his scent. She stood and began to take off her clothes, setting them down on the bed, before pulling on the shirt. She looked back at Matt, but he had turned away from her. "Where should I put these clothes?"

"Um," he cleared his throat. "In the hamper. Here."

She put them inside then turned back to him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay," he said. He walked over to the bed and pulled back the blankets.

Abby walked to the other side and crawled in the bed. "Good night Matt"

"Good night Abby," he said, turning out the lamp.

'What's wrong with him?' she asked Sage once the lights were out.