Chapter 44

Aria glanced over at Ian. He was standing on the elevator, his legs spread, his massive arms crossed over his chest. She wanted him. She needed to reassure herself that he was okay. That he was healthy. She needed to make him her's.

His gaze darted over to her again and she watched his eyes glow. They'd been glowing on and off the entire morning. She wondered if he was aware of his wolf looking out. This all had to be a bit overwhelming for him.

All of a sudden a thought occurred to her. "Our bed!"

"What's wrong with it?" He asked as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

Aria stepped off the elevator. "Our bed is ruined. It's covered in blood."

"I was bleeding?" Ian asked incredulously as he followed her down the hall. Where had he been bleeding from? The whole thing felt like a horror movie that he didn't remember staring in.

"No, not from you. From my dad." She stopped at the door and pulled out her key.

"Your dad bled all over our bed?"

Aria smiled, realizing he was trying to piece all of it together. "Remember how I told you on the plane that my sister was recovering from blood loss?"

"Yeah." He followed her inside the apartment.

"The blood of the Alpha King or Queen in Noelle's case, has healing properties. Noelle used her blood to heal Abigail up. She wouldn't have made it otherwise. Same with you. I called my dad in when I found you not breathing and he fed you his blood. It's.. a messy process," Aria said. She stopped in the doorway of their bedroom. "What the .. "

Ian stopped behind her, looking over her head at the freshly made bed. He couldn't smell blood at all in the room. Only her.

"Someone is amazing," Aria said in relief. She wanted to kiss whoever had been kind enough to clean up the mess. She walked over to the bed, looking it over. "I wonder who did this."

Ian wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her neck. "Someone who didn't want you to walk back into that."

She smiled. "I'm glad. I wasn't even sure what to do about it. My dad ripped into his own arteries over and over again."

She felt Ian shudder a bit at her words. "Is that what kept me alive?"

She turned in his arms. "Yes."

"Thank you for saving me," he whispered, softly kissing her forehead.

"Losing you would have destroyed me," she said, resting her head against his chest and listening to his heartbeat. They stood there for a long moment before she finally pulled back. "Go take a shower, then I will."

"Sure you don't want to go first?" Ian asked her as he headed to the closet.

"It's fine."

He stopped in the doorway and stood there for a long moment, his hands gripping the frame.

"You okay?" She asked, coming up behind him.

Ian took a shuddering breath. "Your scent is very overwhelming in here." He took a step inside.

Aria stepped in behind him. "Yours was when I was in your bedroom. It's.."

"Intoxicating?" He supplied.

"Mmm," she murmured. She looked at him and saw his eyes glowing again as he looked back at her.

"Aria," he whispered as he approached her. "I.."

"Am feeling the need?" She smiled up at him.

He nodded and she saw his canines poke out as his eyes flashed again.