Chapter 57

Daniel followed Dominic into the house, his senses and his wolf on high alert. He sniffed the air, processing the different scents in the house. He could mostly smell Dominic, and Abby. There were others, but they were faint. He figured Dominic would have a whole entire staff at least in a place this big, but that didn't seem to be the case. He relaxed a bit.

Dominic led them all into a large living room with a huge sectional and some oversized chairs. His scent was the only one in this room as well.

"So, do you want to explain to me why you wanted to kidnap the mate of my Beta's son?" Daniel asked him.

He saw Dominic's eyes dart to Ragnar, and he frowned. "Well that explains why he was so well trained. If I had come to your front door and asked you to allow me to take Abby to Oregon, would you have agreed to it?"

"No." Was he insane? Dominic may have been besties with his grandfather and slept with Astrid, but Daniel didn't know him at all.

"I didn't think so."

Daniel frowned at him. "So why did you kidnap her?"

"To fulfill a dying man's wish," Dominic said.

Daniel sighed internally. "So you said earlier. Who's this dying man?"

"Cassius Anderson."

That brought the room to a halt as they all stared at him. Daniel glanced at Finn and Liam and saw them both staring at Dominic in shock. Abby was looking at her hands.

"Why didn't you bring him to my territory?" Daniel asked him.

"Well, given the crap that he's done, I'm not sure you'd want him there, and I doubt he would have survived the trip. He's not going to be around much longer," Dominic said.

"He survived the attack?" Finn asked.

"He did. He was wounded badly, but he survived. Your mother did as well."

Liam and Finn both stood up.

"Is she here?" Liam asked.

"Where is she?" Finn asked.

"She's not here. I don't know where she's at. I haven't even met her. According to your father, she really let him have it, and let slip the fact that she'd given birth to triplets and not just twins. Your father was angry at her for keeping that from him. She told him that Abby was missing and had been for three years. She was furious at him and she took off on her own. He set out to find Abby, and has been looking for her for quite a while. He hasn't seen your mother since that day and I frankly have not taken the time to look for her," Dominic told them.

"The both survived Adrian's attack?" Daniel asked. He never would have guessed that, though he didn't know why he was surprised.

"Yes. I told him the pack had been completely wiped out, but he said he knew that. He was concerned about his sons, especially Finn. He explained to me the arranged mating," Dominic sat back in his seat.

"With the psycho," Finn muttered.

Dominc's eyebrows shot up. "He didn't say that."

"I doubt he's aware that she kidnapped me and my mate and tried to kill the both of us."  Finn clenched his jaw.

Dominic frowned. "What the.. were you in Regal Eclipse?" He gestured to the rest of the pack.

"Not at the time," Finn said.

Dominic rubbed his hand over his face, then glanced at Liam. "He told me what he did to you, too."

"I had it easy compared to Finn," Liam said stoically.