Chapter 50

Nick sat back on the plane, watching over the commotion. Matt was having a discussion with his father, Daniel and Caleb over Abby and everything he had discussed with her over the last several days. He'd been listening intently, though he hadn't said anything.

Matt had his hands full with her, he thought quietly. The girl's background and upbringing was odd, but Matt would be good for her, and she for him. He could tell Matt was very agitated but he was working to keep calm. He could understand the feeling. When Noelle had been taken by Mason, he'd about been in a panic himself, and keeping your head on straight wasn't easy.

His gaze darted to Noelle. She was on her laptop, reading up on the Oregon Pack, among other things. He let her do the research while he'd listened to the conversation, seeing if there was anything useful.

Liam and Finn were both restless as well, and had both been up and down the entire flight. They both too were tuned into the conversation, offering things here and there.

His gaze darted back to Noelle again. He couldn't help himself. They could be in a room full of people and she drew him like a beacon. He reached out and touched her arm. Watching this entire thing was bringing up things he didn't really want to think about.

Mason had kidnapped Noelle with the intention of making her his breeder. Nick had been in England at the time, as two packs were at war and Regal Eclipse had come in to stop it and clean up the mess.

Nick knew some of what had happened while Noelle was there, but she still hadn't told him everything, and he honestly wasn't sure that he really wanted to know. She hadn't been raped and that was the big thing for him, though he knew Mason had still seen her body and touched her in ways that made Nick want to bring Mason back to life so he could rip him to shreds.

You okay?

He looked at Noelle and realized she could feel his small surge of anger. Yeah. I'm fine.

She lifted an eyebrow at him. Is this making you think of last fall?

He nodded and breathed out slowly.

You know most of what happened, she reminded him.

He knew that. It was the things she hadn't told him that worried him. If he let himself dwell on it. He didn't mostly. He just focused on his relationship with her. His bond with her. The way she made him feel, the way she felt when he was inside her. He cut off his thoughts.

Noelle looked at him and smirked. We can't have sex with half the pack leadership here. If we suddenly disappeared, they'd all know.

Maybe not but we will definitely be having sex when we're on the ground, Nick told her.

How?

Not sure yet, but I'll figure it out. It's probably going to be hard and fast.

I like hard and fast.

I know you do. He looked at her and gave her his sexy half smile.

Noelle smiled back and at him and turned her attention back to her laptop.

Nick relaxed. She'd done a good job of distracting him from his wayward thoughts. He tuned back into the conversation. He'd missed part of it, but oh well. He'd needed the distraction.

"Dad, you've done business with Dominic Beckham," Noelle suddenly said.

Nick leaned over to look at the laptop, watching Noelle work. "She's right. You did a deal with him ten years ago."

Daniel walked over and sat down on her other side of her, looking at her laptop. He was quiet for several long moments, thinking back over the deal, trying to remember it. "Where?"